- Understanding Why Heidi Central Thinks Time Began During The 1970s
- Settled Science Update
- Understanding The Difference Between Climate And Weather
- Arctic Ice Recovery
- Pravda : Hiding The Skeptics For 1,300 Days
- Follow Me On Twitter
- NSIDC Grasping For Bad News – Where There Is None
- Great Lakes Set Another Springtime Record – Lake Ontario Up To 62% Ice Cover
- Can We Have A Scenario D?
- Lack Of Snow In Sochi Proves Global Warming
- Wisconsin Summers Are Much Cooler Than They Were In The Past
- Please, Stop The Stupid
- Joe Romm : Great Lakes Ice Is A Thing Of The Past
- Occupy Venus
- Occupy Climate Science
- WWF Says That Global Warming Will Evaporate The US
- 1986 : Tom Karl Told Congress That Severe Drought Is A Normal Climate Fluctuation In The US
- With Two Cold Nights Ahead, Great Lakes Set Another Spring Ice Cover Record
- Fifteen Years Into Global Cooling, The Team Continues To Maintain Their Scam
- Big Science At The Met Office
- It Is Worse Than It Seems In The UK
- It Is Not The CO2 : “That is all I have to say”
- Before Global Warming, The US Was Very Hot
- NCDC Took The Lead On US Temperature Data Tampering
- Blame Monica
Gail Combs on Understanding The Difference B… Jason Calley on Understanding The Difference B… Jason Calley on Understanding Why Heidi Centra… lorne50 on Follow Me On Twitter Sparks on Follow Me On Twitter Don on Understanding The Difference B… Sparks on Follow Me On Twitter Brian H on NSIDC Grasping For Bad News… omanuel on Settled Science Update Brian H on Follow Me On Twitter
GISS claims that Earth has warmed 0.7 degrees since 1880, but their data is diverging from RSS satellite temps at a rate of 1.0C per century.
The noise is larger than the signal, which means the entire data set is worthless.
During February, most of the Northern Hemisphere was very cold. But experts correctly pointed out that the climate was located in Sochi . During January it was located in Australia.
The dirty little secret of Arctic sea ice, is that it is controlled by winter winds – not temperature. Over the last few years, the older thicker ice has pushed into the Beaufort Sea where it survives the winter and slows summer melt. Thus the Arctic continues to “recover.”
From 1988 to about 2009, the ice was moving the other direction into the North Atlantic. That is what caused the decline in Arctic Sea ice.
Our communist news networks have created an old fashioned Soviet style consensus, by refusing to discuss any other points of view.
Neither CBS nor ABC have included a skeptical scientists in their news shows within the past 1,300 days, but both networks included alarmists within the past 160 days — CBS as recently as 22 days ago. When the networks did include other viewpoints, the experts were dismissed as “out of the scientific mainstream” or backed by “oil and coal companies.”
The networks were able to promote the myth that there is a scientific consensus for man-made, catastrophic climate change by including climate alarmists much more often than skeptical scientists and by challenging the credentials of the skeptics that they did include.
Like the Soviet press agency Pravda, they probably believe they are doing a good thing by destroying the foundations of our society.
h/t to Dave G
WordPress is hopeless. I’m usually very busy and it takes 30-60 seconds to add an image, because of their mindlessly inane work flow. On Twitter I can add an image in about five seconds, because they hired good programmers who have taken the ten minutes required to think through an intelligent work flow.
As a result, I am spending most of my blogging time on Twitter these days.
Temperatures at the North Pole are -25C.
Those temperatures are colder than Minnesota has been this winter – not exactly what most people would call warm. The reason the temperatures have not been as cold as last winter, is because the cold air has been spread thinner over a larger geographic area.
Their claim that ice extent is low, is the usual nonsense. It is right at one standard deviation, i.e. normal.
But the real story is that the wind has been pushing the ice into the western Arctic, where it is getting very thick. This also causes a small, nearly meaningless reduction in Barents Sea ice extent.
Unless the Arctic experiences extreme wind conditions like during the summer of 2007, alarmists are facing another very bad summer this year.