June 1, 2007 — A physicist from Colorado State University and his colleagues from the North American Carbon Program (NACP) have discerned and confirmed the unforeseen advantages of rising carbon dioxide levels. Through the processes of photosynthesis and respiration, scientists have been able to elucidate why plants are growing more rapidly than they are dying. The NACP is employing methods, such as the use of cell phone and aircraft towers to monitor and retrieve carbon data for their continuing study.
Too much carbon dioxide can be a bad thing, but sometimes it can have a positive effect on plants and trees. The more carbon emissions we dump into the air, the faster forests and plants grow.
This new revelation is the result of research done by the North American carbon program. Scott Denning, Ph.D., a physicist from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado, explains the North American Carbon Program, “We are measuring CO2 in the atmosphere at dozens of places every hour around the United States and Canada.”
About 100 cell phone and aircraft towers dotting the North American landscape are providing a network to measure CO2 in the atmosphere. Physicists tracking the data have found an unexpected benefit of rising carbon dioxide levels. Dr. Denning says it’s unusual. “Stuff is growing faster than it’s dying, which is weird,” he says.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Anything For You, Zeke
- Australia Afternoons Used To Be Much Hotter
- Ban Assault Phones
- Pattern Matching Quiz
- Some Progress With Australia
- The Australian Temperature Record Looks Very Problematic
- Going Down Under [IGNORE THIS]
- McKibben Is No Longer Making Any Attempt To Hide His Communism
- Climate Experts Don’t Understand What A River Is
- I Call BS On The Northwest Passage
- Melt Season Crashes And Burns Early
- Learning How To Fast Track Destroy America – The Barack Obama Way
- Hansen – Lying To Congress For Almost 30 Years
- Over The Past Year, More Than 90% Of Greenland Has Gained Ice
- The Bitter Clingers’ Theme Song
- Shock News : Scientists Surprised To Learn That They Have Been Lying All Along
- Understanding Why They Wanted To Get Rid Of The Blip
- Guardian And Scientists Take Climate Fraud And Stupidity To An Entirely New Level
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Up 66% Over The Past Two Years
- World’s Stupidest Humans Back At It Again
- No Change In Maldives Sea Level For 15 Years
- Frequency Of US 90 Degree Days Plummeting – Second Fewest On Record
- The Most Impressive Hockey Stick
- The Primary Driver Of Climate
- NOAA Data Tampering – Always Worse Than It Seems
Ed Martin on Learning How To Fast Track Des… phodges on Ban Assault Phones Pasinby on Anything For You, Zeke Dave N on Anything For You, Zeke davidnottage on Pattern Matching Quiz SteveO on Pattern Matching Quiz Neil Dunn on Ban Assault Phones inMAGICn on Ban Assault Phones slcraignbc on Exposing The Original Bir… inMAGICn on Pattern Matching Quiz