June 1, 2007 — A physicist from Colorado State University and his colleagues from the North American Carbon Program (NACP) have discerned and confirmed the unforeseen advantages of rising carbon dioxide levels. Through the processes of photosynthesis and respiration, scientists have been able to elucidate why plants are growing more rapidly than they are dying. The NACP is employing methods, such as the use of cell phone and aircraft towers to monitor and retrieve carbon data for their continuing study.
Too much carbon dioxide can be a bad thing, but sometimes it can have a positive effect on plants and trees. The more carbon emissions we dump into the air, the faster forests and plants grow.
This new revelation is the result of research done by the North American carbon program. Scott Denning, Ph.D., a physicist from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado, explains the North American Carbon Program, “We are measuring CO2 in the atmosphere at dozens of places every hour around the United States and Canada.”
About 100 cell phone and aircraft towers dotting the North American landscape are providing a network to measure CO2 in the atmosphere. Physicists tracking the data have found an unexpected benefit of rising carbon dioxide levels. Dr. Denning says it’s unusual. “Stuff is growing faster than it’s dying, which is weird,” he says.
- Great Lakes Set Another Springtime Record – Lake Ontario Up To 62% Ice Cover
- Can We Have A Scenario D?
- Lack Of Snow In Sochi Proves Global Warming
- Wisconsin Summers Are Much Cooler Than They Were In The Past
- Please, Stop The Stupid
- Joe Romm : Great Lakes Ice Is A Thing Of The Past
- Occupy Venus
- Occupy Climate Science
- WWF Says That Global Warming Will Evaporate The US
- 1986 : Tom Karl Told Congress That Severe Drought Is A Normal Climate Fluctuation In The US
- With Two Cold Nights Ahead, Great Lakes Set Another Spring Ice Cover Record
- Fifteen Years Into Global Cooling, The Team Continues To Maintain Their Scam
- Big Science At The Met Office
- It Is Worse Than It Seems In The UK
- It Is Not The CO2 : “That is all I have to say”
- Before Global Warming, The US Was Very Hot
- NCDC Took The Lead On US Temperature Data Tampering
- Blame Monica
- The Earth Is Not Warming
- Excellent News For Frozen Residents Of Chicago
- Holdren/Masters Go Commercial
- Global Temperatures About The Same As 30 Years Ago
- Hockey Stick Update : 18 Years Of No Warming
- Katherine Hayhoe Says That Global Warming Is Like Fondling Elephants
- Detroit Expecting A Huge Influx Of Climate Refugees From Miami
siliggy on Can We Have A Scenario D? Morgan on Great Lakes Set Another Spring… jmrsudbury on Can We Have A Scenario D? Tel on Please, Stop The Stupid Tel on Please, Stop The Stupid Steve Case on Wisconsin Summers Are Much Coo… Robertv on Please, Stop The Stupid omnologos on Please, Stop The Stupid Robertv on Please, Stop The Stupid Morgan on Occupy Venus