Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Stupid Commies
- Peak Summer Temperatures In Wisconsin Plummeting Since The 19th Century
- Occupy Iceland
- Peak Summer Temperatures Plummeting In The Midwest
- Understanding The Bulge
- Sixteen Reasons Why Soccer Goals Are the Greatest Event in Sport
- Aggie Joke
- Illinois Mid-July Temperatures Declining Faster Than Three Degrees Per Century
- Understanding Climate Modeling
- Learning To Think Like A Progressive
- Global Warming To Kill Us All By 2006
- Following Up On The Nobel Prize Winning Arctic Forecast
- Science Saturday : Continental Drift Animation
- US Communist Party Wants You To Join Them In Their Fight For Climate Justice
- President Obama Keeps His Promise
- If Barack Obama Had A ….
- A Double Shot Of Hiding The Decline At NASA
- UHI At A “Rural” Station In Queensland
- Australia’s Hottest Year Was 1878
- Parking Lot Size Matters
- Understanding The 97% Consensus
- A Resurgence Of Continental Drift In The UK
- It Just Can’t Be True
- You Can Make A Difference!
- Summers Are Getting Much Cooler In Minnesota
Bill Pounder on Occupy Iceland John B., M.D. on Stupid Commies Jl on Global Warming To Kill Us All… eyesonly on Sixteen Reasons Why Soccer Goa… Bill Pounder on Stupid Commies annieoakley on Stupid Commies Send Al to the Pole on Stupid Commies mjc on Occupy Iceland annieoakley on Stupid Commies Steve Case on Peak Summer Temperatures In Wi…