Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Visualizing Temperature Data Tampering At NASA And NCDC
- At The Peak Of The 1997 El Nino, The Sea Surface Was Elevated Half A Meter
- Sea Level At Miami Up 1 cm Since 1992
- US Climate Getting Much Less Extreme
- Mindless Superstition Is The New Normal
- How To Get People To Do Really Bad Things
- Remembering 2012
- Why US Climate Experts Believe The World Began In The 1970’s
- The Southeastern US Used To Be Much Hotter
- More Reasons Why BOM Doesn’t Report Temperatures Before 1910
- Just How Stupid Is Heidi Cullen?
- Learning To Think Like Climate Expert
- Hot Nights In Nebraska Are A Thing Of The Past
- Settled Science Update
- Algorithmic Democratic Voting Fraud
- NCDC Setting A New Record For Data Fabrication In 2014
- Sea Surface Temperatures In The Northern Hemisphere Are Plummeting
- Smoking Gun Of Massive Climate Fraud At NCDC And The EPA
- Hot Weather in The Midwest Is A Thing Of The Past
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free Very Soon
- Good Observations From Peter Thiel
- More News From The Religion Of Peace
- Latest News From The Religion Of Peace
- Garbage In – Garbage Out
- Guardian Deletes Comment From An IPCC Lead Author
stevengoddard on Visualizing Temperature Data T… Steve Case on Visualizing Temperature Data T… daveandrews723 on Visualizing Temperature Data T… D.SELF on Just How Stupid Is Heidi … Justa Joe on How To Get People To Do Really… policycritic on At The Peak Of The 1997 El Nin… David A on RSS 2010 vs 1998 Olaf Koenders on Arctic To Be Ice-Free Very… Tel on How To Get People To Do Really… Andy Oz on Mindless Superstition Is The N…