Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- How Does A Glass Greenhouse Work?
- If The Facts Don’t Fit The Theory, Change The Facts
- Proper Use Of Principles
- If The Atmosphere Was A Perfect Insulator, The Earth Would Melt
- Conflating Nonsense
- Shocking Imagery Of Greenhouse Gases Over Cozumel
- Men Are From Mars – Climate Scientists Are From Venus
- Global Warming Is The New Global Cooling
- Readers Determine That Cooling Systems In Automobiles Are Not Needed
- The Comedy Continues
- Enjoying The Greenhouse Effect In The Yucatan
- A Slightly More Formal Proof (For Dummies)
- Insulators Have To Increase The Temperature At The Source
- Shock News : Cooler Objects Can Raise The Temperature Of Warmer Objects
- Another Massive Fail By James Hansen
- Grubering On Amnesty
- Understanding Obama
- President Obama Announces That His Actions Are Unconstitutional And Undemocratic
- Third Consecutive Year Of Record Low Tornado Activity
- Must Watch Speech By Senator Ted Cruz
- Our Daily ObamaGruber
- Twenty Million
- Doing My Part For The Immigration And Climate Crisis
- What Keeps Earth From Being Like Venus?
- Quite A 97% Consensus
emsnews on If The Facts Don’t Fit T… Edmonton Al on Proper Use Of Principles stevengoddard on If The Facts Don’t Fit T… Edmonton Al on Proper Use Of Principles David Jay on If The Facts Don’t Fit T… Jason Calley on If The Atmosphere Was A Perfec… stevengoddard on Proper Use Of Principles Steve Case on Proper Use Of Principles David Jay on How Does A Glass Greenhouse… Edmonton Al on Proper Use Of Principles