Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
- Understanding Terrorism
- Harry Reid’s Predecessor Explained The Second Amendment
- Understanding First Amendment Zones
- Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Tampering Story
- More And More Politicians Are Lying About Global Warming
- Great Lakes Ice Nearly Doubles The Previous Record
- 1933 : Before Your SUV Ruined The Climate
- My Solution For Climate Change
- Crack Climate Research
- The Hockey Stick Is Real
- Understanding Workplace Violence
- Global Warming – Without The Warming Part
- US Midwest Having The Coldest Start To The Year On Record
- Life In Green Hell
- 1936 Zane Grey Film About Joining The BLM
- The Progressive View Of Science
- If Greens Have Their Way, We Won’t Have An Environment
- It’s The Global, Stupid
- With The World Falling Apart, White House Is Focused Like A Laser On Rustling An Old Man’s Cattle In Nevada
- Is Methane A Fossil Fuel?
- Different Types Of Officers
- Adding More CO2 Goalkeepers
- My Thoughts On Solar Energy
- 44th Earth Day Celebration
- March Madness In Michigan
David on Coldest October-March In The U… David on Coldest October-March In The U… David on Coldest October-March In The U… David A on Life In Green Hell Kozlowsky on Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Ta… David on Coldest October-March In The U… Lawrence13 on Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Ta… emsnews on Understanding First Amendment… Gail Combs on Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Ta… Gail Combs on Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Ta…