December 1861 – January 1862: California’s Great Flood
Beginning on December 24, 1861, and lasting for 45 days, the largest flood in California’s recorded history was created, reaching full flood stage in different areas between January 9–12, 1862.
The entire Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys were inundated for an extent of 300 miles (480 km), averaging 20 miles (32 km) in breadth. State government was forced to relocate from the capital in Sacramento for 18 months in San Francisco. The rain created an inland sea in Orange County, lasting about three weeks with water standing 4 feet (1.2 m) deep up to 4 miles (6 km) from the river.
The Los Angeles basin was flooded from the San Gabriel Mountains to the Palos Verdes Peninsula, at variable depths, excluding the higher lands which became islands until the waters receded. The Los Angeles basin lost 200,000 cattle by way of drowning, as well as homes, ranches, farm crops & vineyards being swept-away.
- Old Jedi Mind Trick
- More Evidence That Global Warming Theory Is Failing
- Global Warming Becoming Very Selective
- Life In A Global Warming Paradise
- 11% Of US Minimum Temperatures Through April 23 Have Been Below 0F
- 2014 US Nighttime Temperatures Coldest On Record So Far
- US Having The Third Coldest Start To A Year On Record
- Overheated Atmosphere Brings Sub-Freezing Temperatures To Southern Arizona At The End Of April
- They Never Had Debates In The Soviet Union Or North Korea
- BU Biologist Says Coldest Start To The Year On Record Isn’t A Late Spring
- Excess Antarctic Sea Ice Area Approaching The Highest On Record
- US 16 Month Temperature Third Coldest On Record
- Thermal Expansion Of The US
- Late April Arizona Snow – A Sure Sign Of An Overheated Atmosphere
- US Maximum Temperatures In 2013 Were Third Coldest On Record
- Forecast The Hate Campaign
- An Ice-Free Michigan In 2014?
- Death Of The Wind Death Trains
- Making Progress Defeating The Borg
- Massive Data Tampering In New Hampshire Hides The Decline
- 1998 Phil Jones Paper Showed That All Northern Hemisphere Warming Occurred Before 1940
- By 1935, The Scientific Consensus Had Determined That Mars’ Oceans Were Actually Tracts Of Vegetation
- My Earth Day Pictures
- Mark Twain Explains The Global Warming Consensus
- 1905 : Leading Scientist Was Certain That Martians Are Smarter Than Humans
Curt on More Evidence That Global Warm… hannuko on Old Jedi Mind Trick Brian G Valentine on Death Of The Wind Death T… philjourdan on Old Jedi Mind Trick philjourdan on More Evidence That Global Warm… bobmaginnis on Death Of The Wind Death T… Chip Bennett on Old Jedi Mind Trick D. Self on Life In A Global Warming … Brian G Valentine on More Evidence That Global Warm… miked1947 on Old Jedi Mind Trick