December 1861 – January 1862: California’s Great Flood
Beginning on December 24, 1861, and lasting for 45 days, the largest flood in California’s recorded history was created, reaching full flood stage in different areas between January 9–12, 1862.
The entire Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys were inundated for an extent of 300 miles (480 km), averaging 20 miles (32 km) in breadth. State government was forced to relocate from the capital in Sacramento for 18 months in San Francisco. The rain created an inland sea in Orange County, lasting about three weeks with water standing 4 feet (1.2 m) deep up to 4 miles (6 km) from the river.
The Los Angeles basin was flooded from the San Gabriel Mountains to the Palos Verdes Peninsula, at variable depths, excluding the higher lands which became islands until the waters receded. The Los Angeles basin lost 200,000 cattle by way of drowning, as well as homes, ranches, farm crops & vineyards being swept-away.
- March 11, 1888 Snowstorm In New York
- Climate Experts Say That Drought Is Getting Worse
- Dems Filibustering The Weather
- Removing The Blip
- 95% Of Australia Is Drought Free
- 1912 : Experts Wanted To Melt The North Pole – To Improve Earth’s Climate
- During The Non-Existent MWP, There Were No Glaciers In Europe
- License Hands And Feet
- New Research Shows That The Climate Anticipates CO2
- Green Energy Is Blossoming In Europe
- When They Removed The 1940′s Blip, Did They Put The Ice Back?
- The Missing Heat Has Sunk To The Bottom Of Lake Superior
- Almost Five Months Since Scientists Announced That Global Warming Has Overheated Lake Superior
- Sarah Palin Explains The State Of Climate Science
- The Great Gun Debate
- Mosher Still Looking For The Mid-Troposphere Cold Spot
- Why We Have A Second Amendment
- 1871: New York Times Complained That Climate Change Made Winter Cold In The South
- 1933 : Australia’s Chief Weather Expert Said That Belief In Climate Change Is An “Error Of Human Memory”
- Planet Doomed By Missing Ice Cube In The Barents Sea
- Consensus Climate Science From The 1930′s
- Sochi Never Had A Chance
- 1911 CAGW Consensus
- 1945 : World’s Climate Changing, Poles Melting, Glaciers Retreating, Rivers Drying Up, Deserts Expanding
- Imaginary Climate Change In 1910
Stephen Richards on March 11, 1888 Snowstorm In Ne… Hugh K on Dems Filibustering The We… Hugh K on Climate Experts Say That Droug… Fred from Canuckista… on Climate Experts Say That Droug… Bob Knows on Green Energy Is Blossoming In… David on March 11, 1888 Snowstorm In Ne… Bob Knows on Climate Experts Say That Droug… stevengoddard on Climate Experts Say That Droug… Dave on Climate Experts Say That Droug… Psalmon on Dems Filibustering The We…