The Christian Science Monitor | Dec 04, 2012
If the United Nations, Al Gore, and hurricane Sandy can’t convince skeptics of the threats of global warming, then who can?
Perhaps the Terminator.
Showtime network has unveiled plans for a six- to eight-part documentary miniseries to air next year, called “Years of Living Dangerously,” brimming with Hollywood’s A-list – from producer James Cameron to narrators Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, and Alec Baldwin.
It’s an impressive roster, but there’s something missing, some say.
“Imagine what it would be like in terms of substantive impact if the head of Exxon or the corn lobby were involved. Or Rush Limbaugh. Or [Republican] Sens. [Mitch] McConnell and [Lindsey] Graham,” says Len Shyles, professor of communication at Villanova University. “Then you’d have something.”
- Understanding Why Heidi Central Thinks Time Began During The 1970s
- Settled Science Update
- Understanding The Difference Between Climate And Weather
- Arctic Ice Recovery
- Pravda : Hiding The Skeptics For 1,300 Days
- Follow Me On Twitter
- NSIDC Grasping For Bad News – Where There Is None
- Great Lakes Set Another Springtime Record – Lake Ontario Up To 62% Ice Cover
- Can We Have A Scenario D?
- Lack Of Snow In Sochi Proves Global Warming
- Wisconsin Summers Are Much Cooler Than They Were In The Past
- Please, Stop The Stupid
- Joe Romm : Great Lakes Ice Is A Thing Of The Past
- Occupy Venus
- Occupy Climate Science
- WWF Says That Global Warming Will Evaporate The US
- 1986 : Tom Karl Told Congress That Severe Drought Is A Normal Climate Fluctuation In The US
- With Two Cold Nights Ahead, Great Lakes Set Another Spring Ice Cover Record
- Fifteen Years Into Global Cooling, The Team Continues To Maintain Their Scam
- Big Science At The Met Office
- It Is Worse Than It Seems In The UK
- It Is Not The CO2 : “That is all I have to say”
- Before Global Warming, The US Was Very Hot
- NCDC Took The Lead On US Temperature Data Tampering
- Blame Monica
Jason Calley on Understanding The Difference B… Jason Calley on Understanding Why Heidi Centra… lorne50 on Follow Me On Twitter Sparks on Follow Me On Twitter Don on Understanding The Difference B… Sparks on Follow Me On Twitter Brian H on NSIDC Grasping For Bad News… omanuel on Settled Science Update Brian H on Follow Me On Twitter Russell Cook (@quest… on Follow Me On Twitter