December 13, 2012
A SHOPLIFTER knocked down a policeman before speeding at 70mph on the wrong side of the road through red lights as she tried desperately to evade capture, a court heard.
Mother-of-two Mary Togher was trying to escape with clothes worth £300 she had taken from a branch of Matalan.
After hitting the police sergeant, flipping him on to her bonnet, she drove on to a pavement and sped off, with two smashed windows, at one point speeding towards oncoming traffic as she ran a red light.
Heroin addict Togher, of Martock Road, Bedminster, was jailed for a total of 11 months yesterday after pleading guilty to theft, dangerous driving and assault with intent to resist arrest at an earlier hearing.
Judge Ian Grainger said her actions were “exceedingly dangerous” and that she had used the car as a “lethal weapon”.
- 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted To Evacuate The Coasts
- The Real Climate Hurricane Effect
- Old Jedi Mind Trick
- More Evidence That Global Warming Theory Is Failing
- Global Warming Becoming Very Selective
- Life In A Global Warming Paradise
- 11% Of US Minimum Temperatures Through April 23 Have Been Below 0F
- 2014 US Nighttime Temperatures Coldest On Record So Far
- US Having The Third Coldest Start To A Year On Record
- Overheated Atmosphere Brings Sub-Freezing Temperatures To Southern Arizona At The End Of April
- They Never Had Debates In The Soviet Union Or North Korea
- BU Biologist Says Coldest Start To The Year On Record Isn’t A Late Spring
- Excess Antarctic Sea Ice Area Approaching The Highest On Record
- US 16 Month Temperature Third Coldest On Record
- Thermal Expansion Of The US
- Late April Arizona Snow – A Sure Sign Of An Overheated Atmosphere
- US Maximum Temperatures In 2013 Were Third Coldest On Record
- Forecast The Hate Campaign
- An Ice-Free Michigan In 2014?
- Death Of The Wind Death Trains
- Making Progress Defeating The Borg
- Massive Data Tampering In New Hampshire Hides The Decline
- 1998 Phil Jones Paper Showed That All Northern Hemisphere Warming Occurred Before 1940
- By 1935, The Scientific Consensus Had Determined That Mars’ Oceans Were Actually Tracts Of Vegetation
- My Earth Day Pictures
Morgan on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… Morgan on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… gator69 on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… gator69 on The Real Climate Hurricane… Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick gator69 on They Never Had Debates In The… tom0mason on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick