December 13, 2012
A SHOPLIFTER knocked down a policeman before speeding at 70mph on the wrong side of the road through red lights as she tried desperately to evade capture, a court heard.
Mother-of-two Mary Togher was trying to escape with clothes worth £300 she had taken from a branch of Matalan.
After hitting the police sergeant, flipping him on to her bonnet, she drove on to a pavement and sped off, with two smashed windows, at one point speeding towards oncoming traffic as she ran a red light.
Heroin addict Togher, of Martock Road, Bedminster, was jailed for a total of 11 months yesterday after pleading guilty to theft, dangerous driving and assault with intent to resist arrest at an earlier hearing.
Judge Ian Grainger said her actions were “exceedingly dangerous” and that she had used the car as a “lethal weapon”.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- At The Peak Of The 1997 El Nino, The Sea Surface Was Elevated Half A Meter
- Sea Level At Miami Up 1 cm Since 1992
- US Climate Getting Much Less Extreme
- Mindless Superstition Is The New Normal
- How To Get People To Do Really Bad Things
- Remembering 2012
- Why US Climate Experts Believe The World Began In The 1970’s
- The Southeastern US Used To Be Much Hotter
- More Reasons Why BOM Doesn’t Report Temperatures Before 1910
- Just How Stupid Is Heidi Cullen?
- Learning To Think Like Climate Expert
- Hot Nights In Nebraska Are A Thing Of The Past
- Settled Science Update
- Algorithmic Democratic Voting Fraud
- NCDC Setting A New Record For Data Fabrication In 2014
- Sea Surface Temperatures In The Northern Hemisphere Are Plummeting
- Smoking Gun Of Massive Climate Fraud At NCDC And The EPA
- Hot Weather in The Midwest Is A Thing Of The Past
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free Very Soon
- Good Observations From Peter Thiel
- More News From The Religion Of Peace
- Latest News From The Religion Of Peace
- Garbage In – Garbage Out
- Guardian Deletes Comment From An IPCC Lead Author
- Climate Scientists – Just Making Shit Up As They Go Along
Andy Oz on Mindless Superstition Is The N… Ernest Bush on Just How Stupid Is Heidi … Phil Jones on Why US Climate Experts Believe… John B., M.D. on Algorithmic Democratic Voting… Phil Jones on At The Peak Of The 1997 El Nin… Phil Jones on Guardian Deletes Comment From… Brian G Valentine on Sea Level At Miami Up 1 cm Sin… Robertv on Sea Level At Miami Up 1 cm Sin… tom0mason on Mindless Superstition Is The N… gallopingcamel on US Climate Getting Much Less…