A volunteer who was shot during a wave of attacks on polio-vaccination teams has succumbed to his injuries in Pakistan.
That brings to nine the number of health workers killed since December 17.
Officials say the student volunteer died on December 20, a day after he was shot while helping distribute polio drops in the northwestern city of Peshawar.
Five of the nine health workers killed were women.
The bloodshed prompted United Nations agencies to suspend their campaign against polio in Pakistan after the attacks.
The Islamic terrorist group Jundullah claimed responsibility, telling RFE/RL’s Radio Mashaal that polio vaccination is forbidden in Islam.
- Understanding Terrorism
- Harry Reid’s Predecessor Explained The Second Amendment
- Understanding First Amendment Zones
- Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Tampering Story
- More And More Politicians Are Lying About Global Warming
- Great Lakes Ice Nearly Doubles The Previous Record
- 1933 : Before Your SUV Ruined The Climate
- My Solution For Climate Change
- Crack Climate Research
- The Hockey Stick Is Real
- Understanding Workplace Violence
- Global Warming – Without The Warming Part
- US Midwest Having The Coldest Start To The Year On Record
- Life In Green Hell
- 1936 Zane Grey Film About Joining The BLM
- The Progressive View Of Science
- If Greens Have Their Way, We Won’t Have An Environment
- It’s The Global, Stupid
- With The World Falling Apart, White House Is Focused Like A Laser On Rustling An Old Man’s Cattle In Nevada
- Is Methane A Fossil Fuel?
- Different Types Of Officers
- Adding More CO2 Goalkeepers
- My Thoughts On Solar Energy
- 44th Earth Day Celebration
- March Madness In Michigan
Andy DC on More And More Politicians Are… Andy DC on Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Ta… matayaya on Adding More CO2 Goalkeepe… Eric Simpson on Looking For Contract Programmi… Sundance on Harry Reid’s Predecessor… Ron C. on Adding More CO2 Goalkeepe… oldfossil on Looking For Contract Programmi… Anthony S on The Hockey Stick Is Real gator69 on Understanding Terrorism gator69 on Harry Reid’s Predecessor…