BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) — China was still suffering from coal shortage because of the lingering cold weather and electricity rationing continued in five provinces and municipalities, including the country’s major coal producer Shanxi Province.
As of Sunday, coal reserves in 598 major power plants were decreasing and could sustain for nine days. Coal storages in 205 power plants could not run for seven days, a national alarming level, according to the National Power Dispatch and Communication Center.
The situation worsened in 11 percent of the power plants, which would shut production at any time as coal reserves could not support for three days of power generation.
On Sunday, Shanxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei and Chongqing continued electricity rationing because of power shortage.
Because of a cold snap, temperature in parts of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, northern China and northeastern China was expected to fall by six to eight degrees Celsius between Monday and Tuesday, according to the China Meteorological Administration.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Shouldn’t They Be Holding Their Climate Protest In The Arctic?
- Texas Hurricanes Down 50% Since The 1880’s
- Stop The Darkening!
- Keep Extrapolating Until You Get The Answer Politicians Are Looking For
- Poet/Playwright Says The Great Lake States Are Getting Really Hot
- Bill McKibben Hopes To Remove The Last Remnants Of Science From Climate Science
- Good Karma
- Super Hot Antarctica Blows Away All Sea Ice Records
- The Darkening Of Science
- Rule #1
- August Was Coldest In Five Years, Second Coldest In Ten Years
- US Government Agencies Just Can’t Stop Lying
- Hottest August Ever Update
- Following Up With The World’s Greatest Scientist
- Michigan September Nighttime Temperatures Plummeting Since The 1890s
- Out Of Africa
- Cryosphere Makes Climate Scientists Cry
- 2004 : NASA Predicted A New Ice Age “Within Decades”
- The New Normal In Climate Junk Science
- Michael Loftus Explains Global Warming
- From The Global Cooling Days
- Global Warming Survivor!
- In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet Stream Dips On Global Cooling
- Prove Me Wrong!
- Learning To Think Like A Progressive Scientist
schauminator on Stop The Darkening! Palo Alto Ken on Texas Hurricanes Down 50% Sinc… stevengoddard on Good Karma Larry Fields on Good Karma omnologos on August 2014 Is No Longer The H… darrylb on Shouldn’t They Be Holdin… stpaulchuck on Poet/Playwright Says The Great… stpaulchuck on Poet/Playwright Says The Great… darrylb on The Darkening Of Science omanuel on Good Karma