BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) — China was still suffering from coal shortage because of the lingering cold weather and electricity rationing continued in five provinces and municipalities, including the country’s major coal producer Shanxi Province.
As of Sunday, coal reserves in 598 major power plants were decreasing and could sustain for nine days. Coal storages in 205 power plants could not run for seven days, a national alarming level, according to the National Power Dispatch and Communication Center.
The situation worsened in 11 percent of the power plants, which would shut production at any time as coal reserves could not support for three days of power generation.
On Sunday, Shanxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei and Chongqing continued electricity rationing because of power shortage.
Because of a cold snap, temperature in parts of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, northern China and northeastern China was expected to fall by six to eight degrees Celsius between Monday and Tuesday, according to the China Meteorological Administration.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Something To Look Forward To
- Begonia Update
- What I Learned Yesterday
- Learning How To Think Like A Progressive
- 25 Years Ago – When Baseball Saved Lives
- Understanding The Hockey Stick
- Religion Of Peace At Work In Iraq
- If Barack Obama Had A Son …..
- Reggie Urgently Needed In The Northwest Passage
- The Unarmed Little Boy Probably Just Wanted A Bag Of Skittles
- New Common Core Video
- Deja Vu
- Robbie Burns Explains Global Warming Theory
- 20 Years Ago
- 40 Years!
- How To Identify Climate Fraud By Government Agencies
- 100 Years Ago – Before Climate Scientists Started Lying About Antarctica
- Meet Me At Whole Foods
- My Arctic Forecast
- Arctic Sea Ice Area Up 55% Since 2012
- Removing The 1940s Blip
- NASA Antarctic Temperature Fraud
- 15% vs. 30% Vs. Area Vs. Brainless Climate Scientists
- Green Energy Threatens All Flying Creatures
- Four Months After Predicting The Demise Of Antarctic Sea Ice, NSIDC Experts Said They Predicted Record Ice All Along
inMAGICn on Learning How To Think Like A… Shazaam on Reggie Urgently Needed In The… KTM on If Barack Obama Had A Son… philjourdan on Four Months After Predicting T… mjc on Reggie Urgently Needed In The… darrylb on Robbie Burns Explains Global W… Shazaam on Reggie Urgently Needed In The… bernal on What I Learned Yesterday bernal on What I Learned Yesterday Gamecock on 25 Years Ago – When Base…