BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) — China was still suffering from coal shortage because of the lingering cold weather and electricity rationing continued in five provinces and municipalities, including the country’s major coal producer Shanxi Province.
As of Sunday, coal reserves in 598 major power plants were decreasing and could sustain for nine days. Coal storages in 205 power plants could not run for seven days, a national alarming level, according to the National Power Dispatch and Communication Center.
The situation worsened in 11 percent of the power plants, which would shut production at any time as coal reserves could not support for three days of power generation.
On Sunday, Shanxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei and Chongqing continued electricity rationing because of power shortage.
Because of a cold snap, temperature in parts of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, northern China and northeastern China was expected to fall by six to eight degrees Celsius between Monday and Tuesday, according to the China Meteorological Administration.
- Trapped Mann-Made Heat Bringing Record Christmas Cold To The US
- No One Making Less Than $250,000 Per Year Will Travel On Airplanes
- Climate Genius Suggests That The Arctic Really May Be Ice-Free After All
- Two-Thirds Of New Gun Laws Ease Restrictions
- Boner Speaks About The Strange, Evil Power Of The Tea Party
- Antarctic Ice Retreated 30 Miles Between 1850′s And 1906
- 37% Of Americans Suffering Severe Brain Damage
- Evil Magic At The NRA
- From The Pre-Hansen Junk Science Era : 35th Anniversary Of A Correct Climate Forecast
- One Prominent Magazine Got It Right In 2008
- Nuttercelli Allergic To Actual Data
- Pity The Penguins
- Starbucks Bans Concealed Carry To Protect Their Customers
- With US Pummeled By Record Cold, US Scientists Want To Make It Colder By Blocking Sunlight
- Obama Pays Tribute To Mandela
- Dukakis To Win Election In A Landslide
- At December 2012 Funeral, Obama Mentioned Himself 63 Times
- 1988 : Environment Canada Scientists Predicted 3 Feet Of Sea Level Rise, And 8 Degrees Warming By 2050
- Blondes Have More Fun – During Funeral Ceremonies
- Greenpeace Confuses “Santa” With “Satan”
- Proposed Cultural Exchange
- If You Like Your Doctor, You Can Keep Your Doctor
- “Everybody Loves Obama, Because He Is Black”
- 1986 : Chicken Little Goes To Congress – Predicts Nine Degrees Warming