BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) — China was still suffering from coal shortage because of the lingering cold weather and electricity rationing continued in five provinces and municipalities, including the country’s major coal producer Shanxi Province.
As of Sunday, coal reserves in 598 major power plants were decreasing and could sustain for nine days. Coal storages in 205 power plants could not run for seven days, a national alarming level, according to the National Power Dispatch and Communication Center.
The situation worsened in 11 percent of the power plants, which would shut production at any time as coal reserves could not support for three days of power generation.
On Sunday, Shanxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei and Chongqing continued electricity rationing because of power shortage.
Because of a cold snap, temperature in parts of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, northern China and northeastern China was expected to fall by six to eight degrees Celsius between Monday and Tuesday, according to the China Meteorological Administration.
- Black Helicopters Over Hillary
- Obama Expresses His Thoughts On Dismantling The Bill Of Rights
- 2008 : Obama Announces His Plans For A KGB Style Security Force
- Ox Flatulence Caused The 1607 Bristol Flood
- My Response To Bill McKibben
- Tracking The Greenland Ice Sheet Meltdown
- Obama Brags That He Is Lowering The Budget Deficit
- Glacier Bay Alaska Retreated 100 km Between 1794 And 1916
- Miller Time At The Greenland Country Club
- Greenland Farmers Hoping For A Three Week Long Growing Season This Year
- North Slope Of Alaska Still Locked In The Deep Freeze
- Fifty Hours Away From The Latest Alaskan Ice Break-Up On Record
- 1922 Shock News : Arctic Dramatically Warming And Melting, Glaciers Disappearing, Animals Migrating
- Coming Up On The 100th Anniversary Of Earth’s Hottest Week
- Press Standards For Climate Reporting
- Pelosi Says That Republicans Are Making Up Scandals To Distract From Obama’s Visionary Greatness
- Summers Used To Be Much Hotter In The US
- Arctic Closing In On An Ice-Free State
- Obama Says He Controls Sea Level And The Health Of The Planet, But Has No Control Over The IRS, Or The State Department, Or The Justice Department, Or His Gun Runners ….
- US Tornado Deaths In Sharp Decline
- New Survey : 70% Of All Women Plan To Have Their Breasts Surgically Removed
- 2010 : Obama Vowed To “punish (his) enemies”
- IRS Says That Their Targeted Harassment And Intimidation Of Groups Which Disagree With Obama, Was Not Politically Motivated
- Understanding Climate Alarmists
- My Response To Glacial Expert Barack Obama