BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) — China was still suffering from coal shortage because of the lingering cold weather and electricity rationing continued in five provinces and municipalities, including the country’s major coal producer Shanxi Province.
As of Sunday, coal reserves in 598 major power plants were decreasing and could sustain for nine days. Coal storages in 205 power plants could not run for seven days, a national alarming level, according to the National Power Dispatch and Communication Center.
The situation worsened in 11 percent of the power plants, which would shut production at any time as coal reserves could not support for three days of power generation.
On Sunday, Shanxi, Shandong, Henan, Hubei and Chongqing continued electricity rationing because of power shortage.
Because of a cold snap, temperature in parts of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, northern China and northeastern China was expected to fall by six to eight degrees Celsius between Monday and Tuesday, according to the China Meteorological Administration.
- 1911 CAGW Consensus
- 1945 : World’s Climate Changing, Poles Melting, Glaciers Retreating, Rivers Drying Up, Deserts Expanding
- Imaginary Climate Change In 1910
- 90 Years Since Global Warming First Wrecked Winter
- Understanding Extreme Weather
- Climate Experts Declare The End Of Skiing
- Without Global Warming, It Would Have Been -33.68 Degrees In Michigan On Tuesday
- Major Archaeological Find In Rome
- Government Says CO2 Will Move Illinois To South Texas
- Philadelphia Warmed Four Degrees From 1830 To 1930
- 78 USHCN Stations In 13 States Set Record Lows On March 3
- Understanding Why Heidi Central Thinks Time Began During The 1970s
- Settled Science Update
- Understanding The Difference Between Climate And Weather
- Arctic Ice Recovery
- Pravda : Hiding The Skeptics For 1,300 Days
- Follow Me On Twitter
- NSIDC Grasping For Bad News – Where There Is None
- Great Lakes Set Another Springtime Record – Lake Ontario Up To 62% Ice Cover
- Can We Have A Scenario D?
- Lack Of Snow In Sochi Proves Global Warming
- Wisconsin Summers Are Much Cooler Than They Were In The Past
- Please, Stop The Stupid
- Joe Romm : Great Lakes Ice Is A Thing Of The Past
- Occupy Venus
Morgan on 1911 CAGW Consensus ralphcramdo on Understanding Extreme Weather Gail Combs on 1911 CAGW Consensus Gail Combs on Imaginary Climate Change In… Steve Case on Follow Me On Twitter Robertv on 1911 CAGW Consensus Sparks on Major Archaeological Find In… Snow White on Arctic Ice Recovery ArndB on 1911 CAGW Consensus tallbloke on 1945 : World’s Climate C…