March 10, 2006: It’s official: Solar minimum has arrived. Sunspots have all but vanished. Solar flares are nonexistent. The sun is utterly quiet.
Like the quiet before a storm.
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming–the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). “The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one,” she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Coolest Summer On Record Here In Maryland
- Exposing The Original Birther
- Great Match Going On At Stamford Bridge
- Calling NASA’s Ruedy On His BS
- 60 Years Of No Major Hurricanes In New England
- Get The Shovels Out
- Arctic Shipping Update
- Self-Fulfilling Prophesy From Gavin Schmidt
- The Climate Has Moved To Seattle
- Shock News : BOM Is Tampering With Climate Data
- Non-Existent Global Warming Hiatus Could Last For Another Decade
- Another Great Triumph For Climate Science
- Just A Coincidence
- Second Coldest Winter On Record In The Midwest
- Hostage Rescue Attempt Fails
- Coolest Summer On Record In The Midwest
- Imagine! A World Without Fossil Fuels
- Thermometers Show That The US Has Been Cooling For Nearly A Century
- Hope And Change Update
- Reggie At Work!
- US Has Had The Fewest 90 Degree Days, And The Fifth Most 0 Degree Days In 2014
- Michigan Has Had Both Their Coldest Winter And Summer On Record This Year
- Predictions Don’t Get Worse Than This
- More Fine GISS Handiwork In The Arctic
- Understanding The Hiatus
au1corsair on Exposing The Original Bir… au1corsair on Exposing The Original Bir… stevengoddard on Exposing The Original Bir… geran on Exposing The Original Bir… Eric Simpson on Exposing The Original Bir… nielszoo on Just A Coincidence Shazaam on Second Coldest Winter On Recor… BallBounces on Exposing The Original Bir… BallBounces on Exposing The Original Bir… LexingtonGreen on Arctic Shipping Update