March 10, 2006: It’s official: Solar minimum has arrived. Sunspots have all but vanished. Solar flares are nonexistent. The sun is utterly quiet.
Like the quiet before a storm.
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming–the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). “The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one,” she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- “Remarkable Shrinkage” Of Glaciers During Gavin’s Coldest Years Ever
- One Week Since Farrakhan Called For Black People To Murder Police
- Rewriting The Past At The IPCC
- 45 Years Since All Scientists Agreed That Mankind Was Doomed By The Year 2000
- Understanding The Unprecedented Warming Of The 20th Century
- Gavin’s Nature Trick
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues At A Decadal High
- Global Sea Ice Area Is Approaching A Record High For The Date
- If You Can’t Beat Em, Join Em
- Another Busy Day For The President
- Update From Hayhoeville
- 1979 : Experts Warned Of Global Cooling If Antarctic Sea Ice Increased
- Behind The Smokescreen
- Don’t Be Arrogant – Listen To The Experts
- If Only We Had Listened To The Experts In 1986
- An Old Russian Joke In The White House
- 1974 New York Times : Global Cooling Induced Climate Change To Kill Us All
- Walt Meier Still Having Difficulty With Basic Mathematics
- The 0.01 Degree Shell Game
- TOBS Isn’t An Excuse
- The War on Coal Is Really A War On Americans
- NCDC Climate Extremes Index Is Inverted From Reality
- Atlantic City Sea Level Rise Rate Below Average Since 1992
- Spectacular Cheating On The NOAA Report Card
- Urging President Obama To Go Big
mjc on Understanding The Unprecedente… mjc on Arctic Sea Ice Continues At A… mjc on Rewriting The Past At The… PJ London on Another Busy Day For The … PJ London on Another Busy Day For The … nielszoo on Understanding The Unprecedente… Gail Combs on Arctic Sea Ice Continues At A… Gail Combs on Another Busy Day For The … Gail Combs on One Week Since Farrakhan Calle… nielszoo on Gavin’s Nature Trick