TIME Magazine June 1974: Another Ice Age?
As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.
Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F. Although that figure is at best an estimate, it is supported by other convincing data. When Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since. Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Anything For You, Zeke
- Australia Afternoons Used To Be Much Hotter
- Ban Assault Phones
- Pattern Matching Quiz
- Some Progress With Australia
- The Australian Temperature Record Looks Very Problematic
- Going Down Under [IGNORE THIS]
- McKibben Is No Longer Making Any Attempt To Hide His Communism
- Climate Experts Don’t Understand What A River Is
- I Call BS On The Northwest Passage
- Melt Season Crashes And Burns Early
- Learning How To Fast Track Destroy America – The Barack Obama Way
- Hansen – Lying To Congress For Almost 30 Years
- Over The Past Year, More Than 90% Of Greenland Has Gained Ice
- The Bitter Clingers’ Theme Song
- Shock News : Scientists Surprised To Learn That They Have Been Lying All Along
- Understanding Why They Wanted To Get Rid Of The Blip
- Guardian And Scientists Take Climate Fraud And Stupidity To An Entirely New Level
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Up 66% Over The Past Two Years
- World’s Stupidest Humans Back At It Again
- No Change In Maldives Sea Level For 15 Years
- Frequency Of US 90 Degree Days Plummeting – Second Fewest On Record
- The Most Impressive Hockey Stick
- The Primary Driver Of Climate
- NOAA Data Tampering – Always Worse Than It Seems
Ed Martin on Learning How To Fast Track Des… phodges on Ban Assault Phones Pasinby on Anything For You, Zeke Dave N on Anything For You, Zeke davidnottage on Pattern Matching Quiz SteveO on Pattern Matching Quiz Neil Dunn on Ban Assault Phones inMAGICn on Ban Assault Phones slcraignbc on Exposing The Original Bir… inMAGICn on Pattern Matching Quiz