Nairobi — Kenya’s hopes of becoming one of the first countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a body legally empowered to advise on mitigating the effects of climate change have hit a dead end, after President Mwai Kibaki rejected a law that would have created a Kenya Climate Change Authority (KCCA).
The Kenya Climate Change Authority Bill was passed by the country’s parliament in December. The KCCA would have advised national and regional governments on how to cope with climate change, punish environmental offenders and implement local and international agreements on climate issues.
The body would have been authorized to formulate policies on adaptation and response, besides setting regulatory measures to control activities that would impact the environment and climate.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- One Week Since Farrakhan Called For Black People To Murder Police
- Rewriting The Past At The IPCC
- 45 Years Since All Scientists Agreed That Mankind Was Doomed By The Year 2000
- Understanding The Unprecedented Warming Of The 20th Century
- Gavin’s Nature Trick
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues At A Decadal High
- Global Sea Ice Area Is Approaching A Record High For The Date
- If You Can’t Beat Em, Join Em
- Another Busy Day For The President
- Update From Hayhoeville
- 1979 : Experts Warned Of Global Cooling If Antarctic Sea Ice Increased
- Behind The Smokescreen
- Don’t Be Arrogant – Listen To The Experts
- If Only We Had Listened To The Experts In 1986
- An Old Russian Joke In The White House
- 1974 New York Times : Global Cooling Induced Climate Change To Kill Us All
- Walt Meier Still Having Difficulty With Basic Mathematics
- The 0.01 Degree Shell Game
- TOBS Isn’t An Excuse
- The War on Coal Is Really A War On Americans
- NCDC Climate Extremes Index Is Inverted From Reality
- Atlantic City Sea Level Rise Rate Below Average Since 1992
- Spectacular Cheating On The NOAA Report Card
- Urging President Obama To Go Big
- Consistency Of The US Temperature Record
rah on Another Busy Day For The … emsnews on 45 Years Since All Scientists… emsnews on US Drought Area Down 80% From… emsnews on Rewriting The Past At The… Psalmon on US Drought Area Down 80% From… PJ London on Another Busy Day For The … NancyG on One Week Since Farrakhan Calle… Gail Combs on 45 Years Since All Scientists… Latitude on 45 Years Since All Scientists… Latitude on 45 Years Since All Scientists…