Nairobi — Kenya’s hopes of becoming one of the first countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a body legally empowered to advise on mitigating the effects of climate change have hit a dead end, after President Mwai Kibaki rejected a law that would have created a Kenya Climate Change Authority (KCCA).
The Kenya Climate Change Authority Bill was passed by the country’s parliament in December. The KCCA would have advised national and regional governments on how to cope with climate change, punish environmental offenders and implement local and international agreements on climate issues.
The body would have been authorized to formulate policies on adaptation and response, besides setting regulatory measures to control activities that would impact the environment and climate.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Jerry Brown’s 1977 Global Cooling BS, Recycled As Jerry Brown’s 2014 Global Warming BS
- Latest From The Nutty Professor
- After 35 Years Of Unprecedented Melting, The Amount Of Sea Ice On Earth Is The Same As 35 Years Ago
- I’d Love To, But As Usual You Are Lying
- Orwell Explains Why This Blog Generates So Much Controversy
- Understanding NOAA Math
- This Afternoon May Be Record Cold In Maryland
- Planned Breakage At Google
- Why Is It Cold Outside?
- Trenberth Climate Scam Of The Day (So Far)
- US Nighttime Temperatures Coldest In 35 Years, Sixth Coldest On Record
- The Importance Of The Big Lie
- How To Make A Map Completely Unintelligible
- It Wasn’t Always This Cool In Al Gore’s Home State
- War Is Hell
- Ice Loss Over The Past Three Days
- Fewest 100 Degree Readings In Over A Century In The US
- Latest Conspiracy Theory From The Climate Morons
- Coldest Summer On Record At The North Pole
- Spiderman In Times Square
- Strike Six For The Climate Crooks
- Forty Years Ago, Scientists Blamed The Polar Vortex On Global Cooling
- No 100 Degree Readings In The Midwest This Summer
- Berkeley Mirth
- UN Pushing The Same Arctic Ice Scam For Almost 45 Years