Nairobi — Kenya’s hopes of becoming one of the first countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a body legally empowered to advise on mitigating the effects of climate change have hit a dead end, after President Mwai Kibaki rejected a law that would have created a Kenya Climate Change Authority (KCCA).
The Kenya Climate Change Authority Bill was passed by the country’s parliament in December. The KCCA would have advised national and regional governments on how to cope with climate change, punish environmental offenders and implement local and international agreements on climate issues.
The body would have been authorized to formulate policies on adaptation and response, besides setting regulatory measures to control activities that would impact the environment and climate.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Frequency Of US 90 Degree Days Plummeting – Second Fewest On Record
- The Most Impressive Hockey Stick
- The Primary Driver Of Climate
- NOAA Data Tampering – Always Worse Than It Seems
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Unchanged For Several Days
- Climate Science Explained In One Simple Graph
- Last Weekend In DC
- Shock News : Arctic Sea Ice Has Grown By 63% Since 2012
- Democrats Take Stupid To An Entirely New Level
- Just For Grins, NASA Created An Additional Hockey Stick Of Tampering Since 2012
- Nothing To See Here – Move Along
- Putting Things In Perspective
- No Hesitation : Ohio Police Murder Wal-Mart Shopper
- Massive Reduction In US Drought Over The Past 80 Years
- Evil Denier Vs. Climate Hero
- Understanding Karma
- General Warrants
- More Evidence That Time Began In 1979
- Frequency Of 40ºC Days Plummeting Over The Past Century
- Young Dreamer Update
- Arctic Sea Ice Area Up 54% From 2012 – Up 5% From 2013
- What Will Be Their Excuse This Year?
- Arctic Melt Season Has Stopped, For Now
- The Northwest Passage Would Be Open, Except That It Is Blocked With Ice
- Washington Post : Koch Brothers Controlling The Climate Again
smrstrauss on Exposing The Original Bir… Gail Combs on Shock News : Arctic Sea Ice Ha… Gail Combs on The Primary Driver Of Cli… jdseanjd on No Hesitation : Ohio Police Mu… Paul in Sweden on No Hesitation : Ohio Police Mu… Gail Combs on The Primary Driver Of Cli… jdseanjd on The Most Impressive Hockey… Jim Hunt on Shock News : Arctic Sea Ice Ha… Paul in Sweden on No Hesitation : Ohio Police Mu… Andy Oz on The Primary Driver Of Cli…