The testimony of women assaulted in Tahrir Square in recent weeks is shocking.
One report documented by an NGO concerns a woman whose genitals were lacerated using a bladed weapon during another assault.
On the internet, you can even see mobile phone footage of women in the square during demonstrations suddenly being surrounded by dozens of men, and carried away as they are groped and assaulted.
“People who pretended to help were actually harassing me more,” says Shorouk al Attar, who was seriously assaulted with her sister close to the square during a protest last year.
- Someone Left The Refrigerator Door Open Again
- If You Like Your Democrats, You Can Keep Your Democrats
- DemoRepublicraps Agree To Scuttle The US
- Learning To Think Like A Climate Genius
- Someone Help These Poor People In Mexico
- Understanding Catastrophic Global Warming
- Q4 2013 Will Be One Of The Coldest On Record In The US
- “Candy, Get The Transcript”
- If You Like Your Junk Science, You Can Keep Your Junk Science
- Science Under The Influence
- All Trees In California/Orgon Killed By Pine Beetles
- Shock News : Obama Lied About Syria
- Karl Marx Brought Social Justice And Human Liberation
- Trenberth’s Timing Is Impeccable
- President Hopes To Bring Mandela’s Legacy To The US
- How Do You Know Global Warming Is Real?
- Global Warming To Kick Into Overdrive Soon
- Global Warming Causes Expanded Antarctic Core And Cold Weather In Melbourne
- I’m Happy To Be Out Of The Hot Climate I Suffered Through On The Yucatan Last Week
- Excellent News : Guam Hasn’t Tipped Over Yet
- Shock News : Obama Talks About Himself
- Climate Change Blamed For Lack Of Severe Weather
- Harry Reid Gets $4,500 Increase In Health Care Premiums Under The Affordable Care Act
- I Hope That Colorado State University Isn’t Using Any Evil Fossil Fuels
- 1988 Editorial : If We Don’t Listen To Hansen, It Will Stop Raining