OCT 23, 2001
While doing research 12 or 13 years ago, I met Jim Hansen, the scientist who in 1988 predicted the greenhouse effect before Congress. I went over to the window with him and looked out on Broadway in New York City and said, “If what you’re saying about the greenhouse effect is true, is anything going to look different down there in 20 years?” He looked for a while and was quiet and didn’t say anything for a couple seconds. Then he said, “Well, there will be more traffic.” I, of course, didn’t think he heard the question right. Then he explained, “The West Side Highway will be under water. And there will be tape across the windows across the street because of high winds. And the same birds won’t be there. The trees in the median strip will change.” Then he said, “There will be more police cars.” Why? “Well, you know what happens to crime when the heat goes up.”
When did he say this will happen?
Within 20 or 30 years. And remember we had this conversation in 1988 or 1989.
- 1934 : 100+ Degrees In Alaska
- Shock News : Alaska Just As Hot As 60 Years Ago!
- Phil Plait’s Reputation Melting At Alarming Rates
- Greenland Summer Solstice Meltdown Update
- Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spying And Lying
- Antarctic Sea Ice Area Has Increased More Than 10% Since 1979
- Beaufort Sea Ice Area Above Normal – Double Last Year
- Forty-One Shootings In Chicago This Weekend
- Obama Transfers The Second Amendment To Syrian Terrorists
- 2013 Global Warming Update
- US Fire Season Continues To Be The Quietest On Record
- Death Spiral Forecast Updated
- Stupid Politicians Cost Countless Brain Cells
- Obama Says Super Secret Unconstitutional Spy Program Which He Lied About Is “Transparent”
- 1930s Book Proved Unprecedented Arctic Warming
- NCDC Fraud Smoking Gun
- Hundreds Dead In June, 1952 Heat Wave
- Some Hockey Stick
- Heat Dome Creates Several Metres Of New Ice
- Coldest Start To The Arctic Summer On Record
- Marcott Says That John Cook Has No Idea What He Is Talking About
- Blalog Protecting Airport Travelers With Powerful Non-Sequiturs
- Tiger Wins The Greenland Open
- What Did NSA Make Of This Conversation?
- Saudis To Give Anti-Aircraft Missiles To Islamic Terrorists
Adam Gallon on 1934 : 100+ Degrees In Al… Jorge on Shock News : Alaska Just As Ho… T.O.O on Marcott Says That John Cook Ha… T.O.O on Antarctic Sea Ice Area Has Inc… gofer on Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spy… Chewer on Forty-One Shootings In Chicago… Chewer on Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spy… Chewer on Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spy… Chewer on Phil Plait’s Reputation… Chewer on Shock News : Alaska Just As Ho…