Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- A Real Hockey Stick
- US Having Its Coolest Year On Record
- Ronaldo V Messi At Noon
- Fort Lauderdale Sea Level Identical To 55 Years Ago
- Hansen Finally Gets Something Right
- Gavin Doesn’t Understand His Own Data
- Relationship Of Sea Level And Lower Troposphere Temperature Along The Equator
- Peter Gleick Continues His Criminal Activity In California
- More Data Fraud From NASA
- Hurricanes Set A New Milestone
- Visualizing Temperature Data Tampering At NASA And NCDC
- At The Peak Of The 1997 El Nino, The Sea Surface Was Elevated Half A Meter
- Sea Level At Miami Up 1 cm Since 1992
- US Climate Getting Much Less Extreme
- Mindless Superstition Is The New Normal
- How To Get People To Do Really Bad Things
- Remembering 2012
- Why US Climate Experts Believe The World Began In The 1970’s
- The Southeastern US Used To Be Much Hotter
- More Reasons Why BOM Doesn’t Report Temperatures Before 1910
- Just How Stupid Is Heidi Cullen?
- Learning To Think Like Climate Expert
- Hot Nights In Nebraska Are A Thing Of The Past
- Settled Science Update
- Algorithmic Democratic Voting Fraud
porchhound on US Having Its Coolest Year On… Richard T. Fowler on A Real Hockey Stick Don on Gavin Doesn’t Understand… stpaulchuck on Remembering 2012 richard on Peter Gleick Continues His Cri… there is no substitu… on Ronaldo V Messi At Noon Ben Vorlich on Fort Lauderdale Sea Level Iden… richard on Gavin Doesn’t Understand… stevengoddard on John Coleman Letter To UC… Sleepalot on Fort Lauderdale Sea Level Iden…