Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Mindless Superstition Is The New Normal
- How To Get People To Do Really Bad Things
- Remembering 2012
- Why US Climate Experts Believe The World Began In The 1970’s
- The Southeastern US Used To Be Much Hotter
- More Reasons Why BOM Doesn’t Report Temperatures Before 1910
- Just How Stupid Is Heidi Cullen?
- Learning To Think Like Climate Expert
- Hot Nights In Nebraska Are A Thing Of The Past
- Settled Science Update
- Algorithmic Democratic Voting Fraud
- NCDC Setting A New Record For Data Fabrication In 2014
- Sea Surface Temperatures In The Northern Hemisphere Are Plummeting
- Smoking Gun Of Massive Climate Fraud At NCDC And The EPA
- Hot Weather in The Midwest Is A Thing Of The Past
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free Very Soon
- Good Observations From Peter Thiel
- More News From The Religion Of Peace
- Latest News From The Religion Of Peace
- Garbage In – Garbage Out
- Guardian Deletes Comment From An IPCC Lead Author
- Climate Scientists – Just Making Shit Up As They Go Along
- Fraud Not Limited To The US
- Michigan Obliterates Their Record For Cold Nights
- It’s Not The TOBS
Edmonton Al on Mindless Superstition Is The N… Edmonton Al on Mindless Superstition Is The N… nielszoo on NCDC Setting A New Record For… richard on How To Get People To Do Really… Latitude on Mindless Superstition Is The N… bleakhouses on Mindless Superstition Is The N… Jason Calley on How To Get People To Do Really… Jason Calley on How To Get People To Do Really… Scottish Sceptic on How To Get People To Do Really… richard on Mindless Superstition Is The N…