Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
- Understanding Terrorism
- Harry Reid’s Predecessor Explained The Second Amendment
- Understanding First Amendment Zones
- Skeptics Afraid Of The Data Tampering Story
- More And More Politicians Are Lying About Global Warming
- Great Lakes Ice Nearly Doubles The Previous Record
- 1933 : Before Your SUV Ruined The Climate
- My Solution For Climate Change
- Crack Climate Research
- The Hockey Stick Is Real
- Understanding Workplace Violence
- Global Warming – Without The Warming Part
- US Midwest Having The Coldest Start To The Year On Record
- Life In Green Hell
- 1936 Zane Grey Film About Joining The BLM
- The Progressive View Of Science
- If Greens Have Their Way, We Won’t Have An Environment
- It’s The Global, Stupid
- With The World Falling Apart, White House Is Focused Like A Laser On Rustling An Old Man’s Cattle In Nevada
- Is Methane A Fossil Fuel?
- Different Types Of Officers
- Adding More CO2 Goalkeepers
- My Thoughts On Solar Energy
- 44th Earth Day Celebration
- March Madness In Michigan
Wyguy on Harry Reid’s Predecessor… David on A Kook Classic Wyguy on Looking For Contract Programmi… David on A Kook Classic David on A Kook Classic Bob F on Looking For Contract Programmi… David on A Kook Classic Stark Dickflüssig on A Kook Classic David on A Kook Classic David on A Kook Classic