Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- August 2014 Is No Longer The Hottest On Record
- Stay Tuned
- A Closer Look At Record August Fraud From NASA
- NASA Obliterates All Records For Fake Data
- What Part Of This Isn’t Clear?
- Life In Paradise
- Visualizing Extreme Temperature Fraud In Wisconsin
- One Of My Favorites
- The Day The Music Died
- Great Stuff From The 1950’s
- The Beauty Of Centrally Planned Agriculture
- Peak Summer Temperatures Plummeting In Ohio Since The 19th Century
- Stupid Commies
- Peak Summer Temperatures In Wisconsin Plummeting Since The 19th Century
- Occupy Iceland
- Peak Summer Temperatures Plummeting In The Midwest
- Understanding The Bulge
- Sixteen Reasons Why Soccer Goals Are the Greatest Event in Sport
- Aggie Joke
- Illinois Mid-July Temperatures Declining Faster Than Three Degrees Per Century
- Understanding Climate Modeling
- Learning To Think Like A Progressive
- Global Warming To Kill Us All By 2006
philjourdan on Stay Tuned Gail Combs on Stay Tuned rachase on Stay Tuned philjourdan on Do Animals Think? philjourdan on Do Animals Think? philjourdan on Do Animals Think? Gail Combs on Stay Tuned Richard T. Fowler on Stay Tuned Another Ian on Stay Tuned Richard T. Fowler on NASA Obliterates All Records F…