Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- My Growth Pause
- CO2 Drives NCDC Data Tampering
- Shock News : Climate Scientists Don’t Understand The Climate
- Climate Scientists Demonstrate Again That they Are Incompetent Zealots
- Secret Service Unveils New White House Security Measures
- Experts Say Climate Refugees Fleeing To Antarctica In 16 Years
- If I Were The Coach …
- US Tornado Count Plummeting to Record Low Levels Three Consecutive Years
- Climate Science – A 97% Data-Free And Honesty-Free Profession
- Experts Say That Climate Change Is Disastrous For Crops
- Reader Quiz : Which Has More Impact On The Climate?
- Climate Refugee Report
- Ebola Update
- Poor Secret Service Protection Threatens America’s Security
- New ISIS Threat
- NASA Created The Hockey Stick By Hiding And Altering Data
- Massive Alteration Of NASA Temperature Data Since 1999
- NASA Antarctic Temperature Fraud
- Sea Level Rise Rates At Savannah, Georgia Have Dropped Sharply Since 1995
- East Coast Sea Level Rose Much Faster Prior To 1970
- No Correlation Of South Carolina Sea Level Vs. CO2
- Fraudsters, Not Scientists
- Climate Disaster In Denver
- Kook And Nutter Math
- You Can Stop Ten Feet Of Sea Level Rise By Buying Organic Eggs
KTM on CO2 Drives NCDC Data Tamp… Billy N.Z. on My Growth Pause gregole on Climate Scientists Demonstrate… Password protected on CO2 Drives NCDC Data Tamp… Michael E. Newton on My Growth Pause ossqss on CO2 Drives NCDC Data Tamp… Llanero on My Growth Pause old44 on Climate Scientists Demonstrate… rishrac on NASA Antarctic Temperature… rishrac on Massive Alteration Of NASA Tem…