Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Our Amazing New Store
- Something To Look Forward To
- Begonia Update
- What I Learned Yesterday
- Learning How To Think Like A Progressive
- 25 Years Ago – When Baseball Saved Lives
- Understanding The Hockey Stick
- Religion Of Peace At Work In Iraq
- If Barack Obama Had A Son …..
- Reggie Urgently Needed In The Northwest Passage
- The Unarmed Little Boy Probably Just Wanted A Bag Of Skittles
- New Common Core Video
- Deja Vu
- Robbie Burns Explains Global Warming Theory
- 20 Years Ago
- 40 Years!
- How To Identify Climate Fraud By Government Agencies
- 100 Years Ago – Before Climate Scientists Started Lying About Antarctica
- Meet Me At Whole Foods
- My Arctic Forecast
- Arctic Sea Ice Area Up 55% Since 2012
- Removing The 1940s Blip
- NASA Antarctic Temperature Fraud
- 15% vs. 30% Vs. Area Vs. Brainless Climate Scientists
- Green Energy Threatens All Flying Creatures
duke1959 on Our Amazing New Store Bill Pounder on Something To Look Forward… mjc on How To Identify Climate Fraud… Truthseeker on What I Learned Yesterday geologyjim on Religion Of Peace At Work In… Truthseeker on Religion Of Peace At Work In… Stark Dickflüssig on What I Learned Yesterday Fred Harwood on 40 Years! jimash1 on Our Amazing New Store Jim Jensen on 40 Years!