Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- The Bitter Clingers’ Theme Song
- Shock News : Scientists Surprised To Learn That They Have Been Lying All Along
- Understanding Why They Wanted To Get Rid Of The Blip
- Guardian And Scientists Take Climate Fraud And Stupidity To An Entirely New Level
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Up 66% Over The Past Two Years
- World’s Stupidest Humans Back At It Again
- No Change In Maldives Sea Level For 15 Years
- Frequency Of US 90 Degree Days Plummeting – Second Fewest On Record
- The Most Impressive Hockey Stick
- The Primary Driver Of Climate
- NOAA Data Tampering – Always Worse Than It Seems
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Unchanged For Several Days
- Climate Science Explained In One Simple Graph
- Last Weekend In DC
- Shock News : Arctic Sea Ice Has Grown By 63% Since 2012
- Democrats Take Stupid To An Entirely New Level
- Just For Grins, NASA Created An Additional Hockey Stick Of Tampering Since 2012
- Nothing To See Here – Move Along
- Putting Things In Perspective
- No Hesitation : Ohio Police Murder Wal-Mart Shopper
- Massive Reduction In US Drought Over The Past 80 Years
- Evil Denier Vs. Climate Hero
- Understanding Karma
- General Warrants
- More Evidence That Time Began In 1979
D.SELF on Guardian And Scientists Take C… James the Elder on Shock News : Scientists Surpri… mjc on Guardian And Scientists Take C… Don on Guardian And Scientists Take C… John B., M.D. on Guardian And Scientists Take C… mjc on Guardian And Scientists Take C… Don on Understanding Why They Wanted… mjc on Shock News : Scientists Surpri… John B., M.D. on Guardian And Scientists Take C… geran on Guardian And Scientists Take C…