Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Climate Change Dementia Is Not A New Problem
- The Ten Best Places To Live In America
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Track 2006
- Visualizing The Spectacular Stupidity Of The New York Times
- Frequency Of 100 Degree Days In The US Down 50% Over The Past 90 Years
- Speak Of The Devil …
- Stick A Fork In It
- The New York Times Expects A Water Mountain To Form Off The East Coast
- Jennifer Marohasy Puts BOM On The Chopping Block
- 1986 : World’s Greatest Climatologist Predicted Five Degrees Warming By 2010
- 1986 : “Big League Climatologists” Said We Were Doomed By The Year 2000
- Tampering With Climate Data Is Not A New Problem
- Certain Facts About The Scientific Incompetence Of NASA Are Not In Dispute
- Something Else Which Happened 45 Years Ago
- Northwest Passage Closed For Business
- Progressives Worried About Guns
- In Order To Check A Fact, You Have To Have A Fact To Check
- Arctic Melt Season Just About Done
- How NOAA Data Tampering Destroys Science
- If You Don’t Tamper With The Data, You Can Actually Learn Something About The Climate
- US Major Hurricane Strikes Peaked In The 1950s – Now At An All-Time Record Low
- US Hurricane Frequency Down 29%
- They Should Have Listened To The “Breathtakingly Ignorant Deranged Blogger Second Stupidest Man On The Internet”
- Missed It By That Much ……
- The World’s Tallest Building
Brian H on Thermometers Show That The US… Shazaam on Exposing The Original Bir… catweazle666 on Visualizing The Spectacular St… philjourdan on Exposing The Original Bir… Tom Bakert on Visualizing The Spectacular St… stevengoddard on Exposing The Original Bir… philjourdan on Exposing The Original Bir… Brian H on Understanding The Hiatus geran on Exposing The Original Bir… stewart pid on Stick A Fork In It