Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
- Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spying And Lying
- Antarctic Sea Ice Area Has Increased More Than 10% Since 1979
- Beaufort Sea Ice Area Above Normal – Double Last Year
- Forty-One Shootings In Chicago This Weekend
- Obama Transfers The Second Amendment To Syrian Terrorists
- 2013 Global Warming Update
- US Fire Season Continues To Be The Quietest On Record
- Death Spiral Forecast Updated
- Stupid Politicians Cost Countless Brain Cells
- Obama Says Super Secret Unconstitutional Spy Program Which He Lied About Is “Transparent”
- 1930s Book Proved Unprecedented Arctic Warming
- NCDC Fraud Smoking Gun
- Hundreds Dead In June, 1952 Heat Wave
- Some Hockey Stick
- Heat Dome Creates Several Metres Of New Ice
- Coldest Start To The Arctic Summer On Record
- Marcott Says That John Cook Has No Idea What He Is Talking About
- Blalog Protecting Airport Travelers With Powerful Non-Sequiturs
- Tiger Wins The Greenland Open
- What Did NSA Make Of This Conversation?
- Saudis To Give Anti-Aircraft Missiles To Islamic Terrorists
- Now We Know
- Permanent Drought Overwhelms New Mexico
- TSA Interrogates A Potential Terrorist
- Dinosaurs More Sophisticated Than Previously Believed
Jimbo on Some Hockey Stick Will Nitschke on Death Spiral Forecast Upd… T.O.O on Coldest Start To The Arctic Su… Brian G Valentine on 1.8 Million Dead Voters In… Olaf Koenders on Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spy… terrence on 1.8 Million Dead Voters In… Olaf Koenders on Antarctic Sea Ice Area Has Inc… Jimbo on Marcott Says That John Cook Ha… Mike Mangan on Biden 2006 : Slammed Obama Spy… snafu on Antarctic Sea Ice Area Has Inc…