Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
- The Great Gun Debate
- Mosher Still Looking For The Mid-Troposphere Cold Spot
- Why We Have A Second Amendment
- 1871: New York Times Complained That Climate Change Made Winter Cold In The South
- 1933 : Australia’s Chief Weather Expert Said That Belief In Climate Change Is An “Error Of Human Memory”
- Planet Doomed By Missing Ice Cube In The Barents Sea
- Consensus Climate Science From The 1930′s
- Sochi Never Had A Chance
- 1911 CAGW Consensus
- 1945 : World’s Climate Changing, Poles Melting, Glaciers Retreating, Rivers Drying Up, Deserts Expanding
- Imaginary Climate Change In 1910
- 90 Years Since Global Warming First Wrecked Winter
- Understanding Extreme Weather
- Climate Experts Declare The End Of Skiing
- Without Global Warming, It Would Have Been -33.68 Degrees In Michigan On Tuesday
- Major Archaeological Find In Rome
- Government Says CO2 Will Move Illinois To South Texas
- Philadelphia Warmed Four Degrees From 1830 To 1930
- 78 USHCN Stations In 13 States Set Record Lows On March 3
- Understanding Why Heidi Central Thinks Time Began During The 1970s
- Settled Science Update
- Understanding The Difference Between Climate And Weather
- Arctic Ice Recovery
- Pravda : Hiding The Skeptics For 1,300 Days
- Follow Me On Twitter
David A on The Great Gun Debate David A on The Great Gun Debate David A on Mosher Still Looking For The M… I. Lou Minotti on The Great Gun Debate suyts on Mosher Still Looking For The M… omanuel on Settled Science Update margaret berger on The Great Gun Debate Eric Barnes on Planet Doomed By Missing Ice C… There Is No Substitu… on The Great Gun Debate Justa Joe on The Great Gun Debate