Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
- New Evidence Explaining The Demise Of The Neanderthals
- Without Global Warming, It Would Have Been -136.6
- Montana Obliterating Cold Records
- ACA On CPR
- If You Like Your Obamacare, You Can Keep Your Obamacare. Period.
- America’s Most Famous Heisman Trophy Winner
- Gallup Poll Shows That 41% Of Americans Have Difficulty Thinking Clearly
- Learning To Think Like A Progressive
- Ninety Years Ago, All Of The Glaciers In France Disappearing
- 1951 : All Of The World’s Glaciers Melting – Some Have Disappeared
- NOAA Calls For A Warm Winter In The South
- It Will Be A Cold Day In Hell – When The LA Times Tells The Truth
- US Government Goes Completely Off The Rails
- Mann-Made Global Warming Arrives In Colorado
- Climate Morons Blaming Cold On Arctic Melt
- Someone Left The Refrigerator Door Open Again
- If You Like Your Democrats, You Can Keep Your Democrats
- DemoRepublicraps Agree To Scuttle The US
- Learning To Think Like A Climate Genius
- Someone Help These Poor People In Mexico
- Understanding Catastrophic Global Warming
- Q4 2013 Will Be One Of The Coldest On Record In The US
- “Candy, Get The Transcript”
- If You Like Your Junk Science, You Can Keep Your Junk Science
- Science Under The Influence
R. de Haan on Learning To Think Like A … R. de Haan on Learning To Think Like A … R. de Haan on Without Global Warming, It Wou… X on Without Global Warming, It Wou… X on Without Global Warming, It Wou… X on Without Global Warming, It Wou… Eric Simpson on Without Global Warming, It Wou… Colorado Wellington on ACA On CPR R. de Haan on Without Global Warming, It Wou… Justa Joe on Without Global Warming, It Wou…