Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
- Climate Morons Blaming Cold On Arctic Melt
- Someone Left The Refrigerator Door Open Again
- If You Like Your Democrats, You Can Keep Your Democrats
- DemoRepublicraps Agree To Scuttle The US
- Learning To Think Like A Climate Genius
- Someone Help These Poor People In Mexico
- Understanding Catastrophic Global Warming
- Q4 2013 Will Be One Of The Coldest On Record In The US
- “Candy, Get The Transcript”
- If You Like Your Junk Science, You Can Keep Your Junk Science
- Science Under The Influence
- All Trees In California/Orgon Killed By Pine Beetles
- Shock News : Obama Lied About Syria
- Karl Marx Brought Social Justice And Human Liberation
- Trenberth’s Timing Is Impeccable
- President Hopes To Bring Mandela’s Legacy To The US
- How Do You Know Global Warming Is Real?
- Global Warming To Kick Into Overdrive Soon
- Global Warming Causes Expanded Antarctic Core And Cold Weather In Melbourne
- I’m Happy To Be Out Of The Hot Climate I Suffered Through On The Yucatan Last Week
- Excellent News : Guam Hasn’t Tipped Over Yet
- Shock News : Obama Talks About Himself
- Climate Change Blamed For Lack Of Severe Weather
- Harry Reid Gets $4,500 Increase In Health Care Premiums Under The Affordable Care Act
- I Hope That Colorado State University Isn’t Using Any Evil Fossil Fuels