What would happen to global warming if the sun quit producing sunspots for a few decades?
The question is of more than passing interest to climate scientists as they ponder the prospect that the sun may be about to enter such a period.
The coming flip of the sun’s magnetic field in a few months marks the peak of the current sunspot cycle – one that has produced the fewest sunspots in at least 100 years, and perhaps the last 200 years.
Peering at trends – or in some cases, the lack of them – in the sun’s behavior during the run-up to the current cycle’s peak, some solar physicists increasingly are considering the possibility that the sun may be on the verge of a “grand solar minimum,” comparable to a 70-year period running from the early 17th century into the early 18th century, when the sun produced no sunspots at all.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Solzhenitsyn In The Gulag – “We Didn’t Love Freedom Enough”
- Heard On DC Talk Radio This Morning
- Refusal To Think
- Conspiracy For Dummies
- Data Tampering With Sea Level
- Shock News : Deranged Blogger Was Correct
- How Quickly They Grow Up
- Coldest July 25 On Record In Westminster, Maryland
- July 22 Global Sea Ice Area Above Normal
- Arctic Sea Ice Reaches Summer Decadal Maximum
- NASA’s Finest Are Climate Skeptics
- Policy Clarification
- Climate Prophet Hansen Says Arctic Will Be Ice-Free By 2013
- Much Ado About Nothing In Greenland
- Reggie – Start Your Blowtorch
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues Its March Towards A Decadal Summer Maximum
- More From Bridgehampton, NY
- Deranged, Or Just Breathtakingly Ignorant?
- New Photo Of Professor Chris Turney’s Boat Trapped In An Algorithm Error
- Algorithm This
- Almost No Change In Arctic Sea Ice Over The Past Three Days
- It’s The Communism, Stupid
- Climate Math : Almost All Locations Are Below The Mean
- Deranged Blogger Predicts A High Arctic Minimum This Summer
- The Largest Fire In US History Occurred In Washington – During The Coldest Year Ever
Davol White on Arctic Sea Ice Reaches Summer… _Jim on Solzhenitsyn In The Gulag… The Iconoclast on Heard On DC Talk Radio This… The Iconoclast on Solzhenitsyn In The Gulag… Latitude on Data Tampering With Sea L… Dmh on Solzhenitsyn In The Gulag… stevengoddard on Heard On DC Talk Radio This… jst1 on Heard On DC Talk Radio This… craigm350 on Conspiracy For Dummies SMS on Data Tampering With Sea L…