What would happen to global warming if the sun quit producing sunspots for a few decades?
The question is of more than passing interest to climate scientists as they ponder the prospect that the sun may be about to enter such a period.
The coming flip of the sun’s magnetic field in a few months marks the peak of the current sunspot cycle – one that has produced the fewest sunspots in at least 100 years, and perhaps the last 200 years.
Peering at trends – or in some cases, the lack of them – in the sun’s behavior during the run-up to the current cycle’s peak, some solar physicists increasingly are considering the possibility that the sun may be on the verge of a “grand solar minimum,” comparable to a 70-year period running from the early 17th century into the early 18th century, when the sun produced no sunspots at all.
- Ninety Years Ago, All Of The Glaciers In France Disappearing
- 1951 : All Of The World’s Glaciers Melting – Some Have Disappeared
- NOAA Calls For A Warm Winter In The South
- It Will Be A Cold Day In Hell – When The LA Times Tells The Truth
- US Government Goes Completely Off The Rails
- Mann-Made Global Warming Arrives In Colorado
- Climate Morons Blaming Cold On Arctic Melt
- Someone Left The Refrigerator Door Open Again
- If You Like Your Democrats, You Can Keep Your Democrats
- DemoRepublicraps Agree To Scuttle The US
- Learning To Think Like A Climate Genius
- Someone Help These Poor People In Mexico
- Understanding Catastrophic Global Warming
- Q4 2013 Will Be One Of The Coldest On Record In The US
- “Candy, Get The Transcript”
- If You Like Your Junk Science, You Can Keep Your Junk Science
- Science Under The Influence
- All Trees In California/Orgon Killed By Pine Beetles
- Shock News : Obama Lied About Syria
- Karl Marx Brought Social Justice And Human Liberation
- Trenberth’s Timing Is Impeccable
- President Hopes To Bring Mandela’s Legacy To The US
- How Do You Know Global Warming Is Real?
- Global Warming To Kick Into Overdrive Soon
- Global Warming Causes Expanded Antarctic Core And Cold Weather In Melbourne