Democrats win House, promise new direction
POSTED: 6:05 p.m. EST, November 8, 2006
(CNN) — Democrats promised Wednesday to lead the country in a new direction after winning control of the House for the first time in 12 years in midterm elections.
By early Wednesday, Democrats had picked up at least 29 seats; they needed 15 to capture a majority in the House. Two Democratic seats in Georgia that were targeted by Republicans remained too close to call.
Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-California, is now poised to become the first female speaker of the House.
Pelosi promised to lead the nation in a new direction “in partnership, not in partisanship.”
- Someone Left The Refrigerator Door Open Again
- If You Like Your Democrats, You Can Keep Your Democrats
- DemoRepublicraps Agree To Scuttle The US
- Learning To Think Like A Climate Genius
- Someone Help These Poor People In Mexico
- Understanding Catastrophic Global Warming
- Q4 2013 Will Be One Of The Coldest On Record In The US
- “Candy, Get The Transcript”
- If You Like Your Junk Science, You Can Keep Your Junk Science
- Science Under The Influence
- All Trees In California/Orgon Killed By Pine Beetles
- Shock News : Obama Lied About Syria
- Karl Marx Brought Social Justice And Human Liberation
- Trenberth’s Timing Is Impeccable
- President Hopes To Bring Mandela’s Legacy To The US
- How Do You Know Global Warming Is Real?
- Global Warming To Kick Into Overdrive Soon
- Global Warming Causes Expanded Antarctic Core And Cold Weather In Melbourne
- I’m Happy To Be Out Of The Hot Climate I Suffered Through On The Yucatan Last Week
- Excellent News : Guam Hasn’t Tipped Over Yet
- Shock News : Obama Talks About Himself
- Climate Change Blamed For Lack Of Severe Weather
- Harry Reid Gets $4,500 Increase In Health Care Premiums Under The Affordable Care Act
- I Hope That Colorado State University Isn’t Using Any Evil Fossil Fuels
- 1988 Editorial : If We Don’t Listen To Hansen, It Will Stop Raining
Jimbo on Understanding Catastrophic Glo… grant holt on Global Sea Ice Area Highest In… Climatism on Someone Left The Refrigerator… tom0mason on Someone Left The Refrigerator… Stewart Pid on Learning To Think Like A Clima… Laz M on Science Under The Influen… Stewart Pid on Someone Left The Refrigerator… Scott Scarborough on Someone Left The Refrigerator… Scott Scarborough on Someone Left The Refrigerator… Pathway on DemoRepublicraps Agree To Scut…