Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- US Government Agencies Just Can’t Stop Lying
- Hottest August Ever Update
- Following Up With The World’s Greatest Scientist
- Michigan September Nighttime Temperatures Plummeting Since The 1890s
- Out Of Africa
- Cryosphere Makes Climate Scientists Cry
- 2004 : NASA Predicted A New Ice Age “Within Decades”
- The New Normal In Climate Junk Science
- Michael Loftus Explains Global Warming
- From The Global Cooling Days
- Global Warming Survivor!
- In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet Stream Dips On Global Cooling
- Prove Me Wrong!
- Learning To Think Like A Progressive Scientist
- What Part Of This Isn’t Clear?
- Peak September Temperatures In The Midwest Have Plummeted Over The Past Century
- No Change In Average Northern Hemisphere Snow Cover For 25 Years
- Understanding Global Warming
- Climate Engineering In 1975
- Fake Adjustments From Fake Scientists
- Experts Say That Record Great Lakes Ice Cover Last Winter Was Caused By Melting Ice
- National Wildlife Federation Says Lake Superior Will Soon Be Ice-Free In Winter
- More Permanent Drought Coming To The Southwest
- More Spectacular Malfeasance At GISS
- The Most Transparent(ly Fraudulent And Stupid) White House In History
Richard T. Fowler on In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet… geran on Following Up On The Nobel Priz… Gail Combs on In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet… paul on Following Up On The Nobel Priz… Gail Combs on US Government Agencies Just Ca… Gail Combs on In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet… Richard T. Fowler on In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet… Chewer on US Government Agencies Just Ca… Gail Combs on US Government Agencies Just Ca… Ron C. on Out Of Africa