Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Learning How To Fast Track Destroy America – The Barack Obama Way
- Hansen – Lying To Congress For Almost 30 Years
- Over The Past Year, More Than 90% Of Greenland Has Gained Ice
- The Bitter Clingers’ Theme Song
- Shock News : Scientists Surprised To Learn That They Have Been Lying All Along
- Understanding Why They Wanted To Get Rid Of The Blip
- Guardian And Scientists Take Climate Fraud And Stupidity To An Entirely New Level
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Up 66% Over The Past Two Years
- World’s Stupidest Humans Back At It Again
- No Change In Maldives Sea Level For 15 Years
- Frequency Of US 90 Degree Days Plummeting – Second Fewest On Record
- The Most Impressive Hockey Stick
- The Primary Driver Of Climate
- NOAA Data Tampering – Always Worse Than It Seems
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Unchanged For Several Days
- Climate Science Explained In One Simple Graph
- Last Weekend In DC
- Shock News : Arctic Sea Ice Has Grown By 63% Since 2012
- Democrats Take Stupid To An Entirely New Level
- Just For Grins, NASA Created An Additional Hockey Stick Of Tampering Since 2012
- Nothing To See Here – Move Along
- Putting Things In Perspective
- No Hesitation : Ohio Police Murder Wal-Mart Shopper
- Massive Reduction In US Drought Over The Past 80 Years
- Evil Denier Vs. Climate Hero