Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Please Help : Blowtorch Needed To Assist Arctic Voyagers
- Mentor A Climate Scientist Back To Health
- Understanding Brainwashing
- Much Of Arkansas Just Completed Their “Coldest July On Record”
- Oklahoma Summer Temperatures Declining For A Century
- Understanding Temperature Trends
- Understanding The Precautionary Principle
- Jerry Brown Says Cancun Is Simply Too Hot
- Understanding The Divergence Problem
- President Obama Wants To Be America’s Dictator
- Seen At The American Museum Of Unnatural Propaganda
- My Arctic Forecast
- Global Warming Makes English Birds Afraid To Get Their Feet Wet
- Demand Civility
- Smoking Gun That The NCDC TOBS Adjustment Is Fraudulent
- More On The Record US Cold
- 18% Growth Of One Meter Thick Arctic Ice Since 2012
- The Death Spiral Of Mark Serreze’ Arctic Propaganda Continues
- White House Plans To Grant Citizenship To All Mexican Drug Lords, And Considers Farmers To Be Terrorists
- July 1916 – US Hit By Two Major Hurricanes Within Ten Days
- The Collapse Of The Roman Empire Is The Story Of America In 2014
- Nobel Prize Winner Says The Earth’s Crust Is Millions Of Degrees
- Discussing Faith
- Nobel Prize Winner Says The Arctic Will Be Ice Free In A Few Weeks
- Helping The Middle Class By Making Electricity Prices Skyrocket
Bob Knows on Understanding Brainwashing Gail Combs on Understanding Temperature Tren… Bob Knows on Understanding Brainwashing Bob Knows on Understanding Brainwashing Otter (ClimateOtter… on The Death Spiral Of Mark Serre… mjc on Understanding Brainwashing mjc on Understanding Temperature Tren… Dave1billion on Understanding Temperature Tren… Gail Combs on Please Help : Blowtorch Needed… stevengoddard on Please Help : Blowtorch Needed…