James Hansen of NASA is the only climatologist to have told Congress that the greenhouse effect is already here. He is a respected scientist but on this point very few of his colleagues agree with him, as Richard Kerr noted recently in Science. The Office of Management and Budget drew criticism when it heavy-handedly made Mr. Hansen qualify testimony to Congress last month. But its caveat, that his warnings ”should be viewed as estimates from evolving computer models and not as reliable predictions,” was scientifically impeccable. The computer models of the greenhouse effect are indeed ”evolving” -they’re somewhere around the amoeba stage.
Environmental lobbyists are tempted to emphasize the threat of the greenhouse effect because it reinforces so much of their other agenda.
- Great Lakes Set Another Springtime Record – Lake Ontario Up To 62% Ice Cover
- Can We Have A Scenario D?
- Lack Of Snow In Sochi Proves Global Warming
- Wisconsin Summers Are Much Cooler Than They Were In The Past
- Please, Stop The Stupid
- Joe Romm : Great Lakes Ice Is A Thing Of The Past
- Occupy Venus
- Occupy Climate Science
- WWF Says That Global Warming Will Evaporate The US
- 1986 : Tom Karl Told Congress That Severe Drought Is A Normal Climate Fluctuation In The US
- With Two Cold Nights Ahead, Great Lakes Set Another Spring Ice Cover Record
- Fifteen Years Into Global Cooling, The Team Continues To Maintain Their Scam
- Big Science At The Met Office
- It Is Worse Than It Seems In The UK
- It Is Not The CO2 : “That is all I have to say”
- Before Global Warming, The US Was Very Hot
- NCDC Took The Lead On US Temperature Data Tampering
- Blame Monica
- The Earth Is Not Warming
- Excellent News For Frozen Residents Of Chicago
- Holdren/Masters Go Commercial
- Global Temperatures About The Same As 30 Years Ago
- Hockey Stick Update : 18 Years Of No Warming
- Katherine Hayhoe Says That Global Warming Is Like Fondling Elephants
- Detroit Expecting A Huge Influx Of Climate Refugees From Miami
kuhnkat on Occupy Venus kuhnkat on Occupy Venus Dmh on Great Lakes Set Another Spring… NikFromNYC on Can We Have A Scenario D? Paul Clark on Can We Have A Scenario D? R. de Haan on Ban Assault Cars KevinK on Great Lakes Set Another Spring… stevengoddard on Great Lakes Set Another Spring… KevinK on Great Lakes Set Another Spring… Stark Dickflüssig on Can We Have A Scenario D?