LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Going Down Under
- McKibben Is No Longer Making Any Attempt To Hide His Communism
- Climate Experts Don’t Understand What A River Is
- I Call BS On The Northwest Passage
- Melt Season Crashes And Burns Early
- Learning How To Fast Track Destroy America – The Barack Obama Way
- Hansen – Lying To Congress For Almost 30 Years
- Over The Past Year, More Than 90% Of Greenland Has Gained Ice
- The Bitter Clingers’ Theme Song
- Shock News : Scientists Surprised To Learn That They Have Been Lying All Along
- Understanding Why They Wanted To Get Rid Of The Blip
- Guardian And Scientists Take Climate Fraud And Stupidity To An Entirely New Level
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Up 66% Over The Past Two Years
- World’s Stupidest Humans Back At It Again
- No Change In Maldives Sea Level For 15 Years
- Frequency Of US 90 Degree Days Plummeting – Second Fewest On Record
- The Most Impressive Hockey Stick
- The Primary Driver Of Climate
- NOAA Data Tampering – Always Worse Than It Seems
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Unchanged For Several Days
- Climate Science Explained In One Simple Graph
- Last Weekend In DC
- Shock News : Arctic Sea Ice Has Grown By 63% Since 2012
- Democrats Take Stupid To An Entirely New Level
- Just For Grins, NASA Created An Additional Hockey Stick Of Tampering Since 2012
Andy Oz on Going Down Under bit chilly on I Call BS On The Northwest… Andy Oz on McKibben Is No Longer Making A… Perry on Learning How To Fast Track Des… lapogus on I Call BS On The Northwest… jennifermarohasy on Going Down Under Andy Oz on Going Down Under Andy Oz on Going Down Under Andy Oz on Going Down Under Andy Oz on Guardian And Scientists Take C…