IDEAS & TRENDS (CONTINUED); A DIRE LONG-RANGE FORECAST By JAMES GLEICK Published: May 12, 1985
Beginning in a decade or two, scientists expect the warming of the atmosphere to melt the polar icecaps, raising the level of the seas, flooding coastal areas, eroding the shores and sending salt water far into fresh-water estuaries. Storm patterns will change, drying out some areas, swamping others and generally throwing agriculture into turmoil. Federal climate experts have suggested that within a century the greenhouse effect could turn New York City into something with the climate of Daytona Beach, Fla.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Climate Scientists Demonstrate Again That they Are Incompetent Zealots
- Secret Service Unveils New White House Security Measures
- Experts Say Climate Refugees Fleeing To Antarctica In 16 Years
- If I Were The Coach …
- US Tornado Count Plummeting to Record Low Levels Three Consecutive Years
- Climate Science – A 97% Data-Free And Honesty-Free Profession
- Experts Say That Climate Change Is Disastrous For Crops
- Reader Quiz : Which Has More Impact On The Climate?
- Climate Refugee Report
- Ebola Update
- Poor Secret Service Protection Threatens America’s Security
- New ISIS Threat
- NASA Created The Hockey Stick By Hiding And Altering Data
- Massive Alteration Of NASA Temperature Data Since 1999
- NASA Antarctic Temperature Fraud
- Sea Level Rise Rates At Savannah, Georgia Have Dropped Sharply Since 1995
- East Coast Sea Level Rose Much Faster Prior To 1970
- No Correlation Of South Carolina Sea Level Vs. CO2
- Fraudsters, Not Scientists
- Climate Disaster In Denver
- Kook And Nutter Math
- You Can Stop Ten Feet Of Sea Level Rise By Buying Organic Eggs
- What If The Missing Heat Returned To The Surface?
- Why Is This Scam Continuing?
- Death Spiral Update