My composite of NSIDC’ September 27/20 maps shows new ice in green.
There has been 25% gain since September 25, 2007.
Ice extent is at 73% of the thirty year mean.
So what is interesting about all this? Let’s remember a few expert claims :
- PIOMAS said ice was the thinnest on record this spring
- Barber says the remaining thick ice is rotten
- Hansen says it was the hottest year on record
- Hansen says that the Arctic had a very warm summer
- PIOMAS said the ice was melting very quickly in late July, and forecast a record minimum more than 10% below 2007
Obviously if all these things were true, there wouldn’t be much ice in the Arctic right now. Something is clearly wrong with the body of expert opinions.