But we know this is impossible for the following reasons.
- Hansen tells us that the oceans have been gaining heat at an unprecedented rate for the last 50 years. This raises the humidity and amplifies the greenhouse effect.
- The Arctic has warmed 4-8 degrees. As a result, incursions of Arctic air are much warmer than they used to be.
- Arctic Sea ice is at the lowest level in a million years. This further amplifies Arctic warming.
- Snow cover has been declining for 40 years. This allows sunlight to warm the ground and further aggravate global warming.
- The Antarctic Peninsula is the fastest warming place on the planet, due to all the hot water in the Southern Oceans.
This leaves only two options.
- You are imagining all the cold.
- Climate science is defined by a spectacular disinformation campaign, needed to maintain the $2.5 billion in funding.