June 1, 2007 — A physicist from Colorado State University and his colleagues from the North American Carbon Program (NACP) have discerned and confirmed the unforeseen advantages of rising carbon dioxide levels. Through the processes of photosynthesis and respiration, scientists have been able to elucidate why plants are growing more rapidly than they are dying. The NACP is employing methods, such as the use of cell phone and aircraft towers to monitor and retrieve carbon data for their continuing study.
Too much carbon dioxide can be a bad thing, but sometimes it can have a positive effect on plants and trees. The more carbon emissions we dump into the air, the faster forests and plants grow.
This new revelation is the result of research done by the North American carbon program. Scott Denning, Ph.D., a physicist from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado, explains the North American Carbon Program, “We are measuring CO2 in the atmosphere at dozens of places every hour around the United States and Canada.”
About 100 cell phone and aircraft towers dotting the North American landscape are providing a network to measure CO2 in the atmosphere. Physicists tracking the data have found an unexpected benefit of rising carbon dioxide levels. Dr. Denning says it’s unusual. “Stuff is growing faster than it’s dying, which is weird,” he says.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- What Makes This Blog Different
- Latest News From The Biggest Liar In The History Of The World
- Obama’s Love For America
- Two Peas In The Same Pod
- My Promise, In Exchange For Your Vote
- Super Secret Spy Cams Show Illegal Global Warming Refugees Streaming Into New Mexico
- Understanding Climate Science
- Declining Expert Credibility Update
- More Arctic Sea Ice Than 1922
- Just When You Thought Scientists Couldn’t Possibly Get Any Stupider
- Basic Physics For Clueless Climate Scientists
- Hottest Year Ever Update
- Certain Obama Voters
- No, I Can’t Promise You An Obamaphone
- Being A Progressive Means Never Having To Tell The Truth
- My Bicycle Never Runs Out Power
- Progressives Believe The Koch Brothers Are More Powerful Than The Gods
- The New Normal
- Waste Not, Want Not
- How About Doing Some Actual Science, Mikey?
- Hottest Winter Ever Update
- Innoculating The Public Against Climate FundraisingTactics
- Three Feet Of Snow For The New Mexico Permanent Drought
- US Weather Is The Least Extreme Ever
- 1958 : New York Reported Massive Ice Loss – Predicted A New Ice Age
Chris Barron on My Bicycle Never Runs Out… Chris Barron on My Bicycle Never Runs Out… JJ Reuter on What Makes This Blog Diff… Jason Calley on Being A Progressive Means Neve… Robert of Ottawa on Latest News From The Biggest L… markstoval on What Makes This Blog Diff… gofer on My Promise, In Exchange For Yo… Truthseeker on Two Peas In The Same Pod ren on What Makes This Blog Diff… Truthseeker on My Promise, In Exchange For Yo…