Bicyclist seriously injured after being hit by Fort Collins police car
A Fort Collins police officer responding to a call struck and injured a bicyclist with his patrol car in the intersection of Elizabeth and Remington streets early this morning, police said.
Thomas Wagner, 21, of Fort Collins, was hospitalized in serious condition at Poudre Valley Hospital following the approximately 2 a.m. collision with Officer Todd Brubaker’s 2005 Crown Victoria sedan, police said.
A Fort Collins police officer who hit a cyclist while responding to a call in May has been charged with careless driving resulting in injury.
Fort Collins police announced tonight that 11-year veteran Officer Todd Brubaker was charged with a class-one traffic misdemeanor after a speed reconstruction of the accident at Elizabeth and Remington streets found his patrol car was traveling between 40 to 45 mph on Elizabeth Street when he hit cyclist Thomas Wagner about 1:50 a.m. May 24.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,961 other subscribers
Accidents always happen. That’s why bikes shouldn’t be near auto traffic. Most of the time a car on car accident leaves the people involved with little or no injuries. But a car on bike accident is almost always bad for the person on bike. Cars and bikes just don’t mix. In the big picture it’s safer for bikes to be on the sidewalk.
It is illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk here. The cops arrest you if you ride on the sidewalk and they run you over if you ride on the road.
I know you can’t ride bikes on the sidewalk.
Humans always make mistakes. And it really sucks when someone in a car gets into an accident with someone on a bike. I drove by a car/bike accident. It was an old woman in the car and a young woman on the bike. I think the girl on the bike had a broken leg. The old woman looked so sad. She had such remorse on her face and in how she moved. I felt just as bad for her as the girl on the bike.
The cop was driving 45 MPH in a 25 MPH zone.
Cops do have to drive fast to get to a call.
a real emergency no doubt.