Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Certainly Uncertain
- Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand Year Rainfalls
- The Thousand Year Rainfall Fallacy
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second Highest For The Date Since 2005
- EPA And CSIRO – Taking Sea Level Fraud To Spectacular New Heights
- Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Academia And Government
- Arctic Gained 20,000 Manhattans Of Ice In September
- More On NOAA Model Uncertainty
- Gavin Doesn’t Need Any Actual Data
- Obama Praises Gun Bans And Confiscation
- Union Army Was Complicit In Genocide
- At NOAA And NASA, Error Bars Mean Nothing
- The Evolution Of National Geographic’s Spectacular Climate Lies
- Spectacular White House Climate Fraud On The Great Lakes
- Minnesota’s Extreme Past
- Netherlands Massively Increasing Their Coal Capacity
- IPCC And New York Times – Lying About The Climate For At Least 15 Years
- Record Sea Ice Growth
- Forecast Moving Much Faster Than Joaquin
- Settled Science Update
- The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance
- Karma Strikes Back Against Climate Criminals
- 1967: 43 Years Of Global Cooling
- Moron In Chief Talks About Russia
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues Its Record September Growth
Robertv on Certainly Uncertain Robertv on Certainly Uncertain Colorado Wellington on Certainly Uncertain rah on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… rah on Certainly Uncertain Colorado Wellington on Certainly Uncertain wizzum on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… PeterK on The Thousand Year Rainfall… MarcT77 on Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand… Henry P on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H…