Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Australian Stations Now Available
- Here Is What’s Next
- Pulling Back The Curtain V1.1
- The September 1897 Heatwave In Ohio
- Pulling Back The Curtain On Super Climate Sunday
- Super Climate Sunday
- The Mind Blowing Heat Of 1936
- The Wrong Stuff
- Confirmation Bias In Climate Science
- Hot Weather In Missouri Is A Thing Of The Past
- John Christy Crushes Climate Fraudster Michael Mann
- Two Years Since The New York Times Announced The End Of Glaciers
- Two Years Since The New York Times Announced The End Of Snow
- One Of The Clearest Injustices Of A Dimwitted Corrupt Left Wing Press Corps
- Burning Climate Witches
- The 17% Consensus
- Is Stupidity The Main Driver Of Global Warming?
- Skiing On The Thing Of The Past
- The Day The Music Died
- Extreme Weather In 1936
- 1936 – The Hottest And Coldest Year In US History
- Two Reasons For NOAA To Be Concerned About Fake Climate Data
- West Antarctic Fraud
- Results Are In From Iowa