Green targets ‘could force companies to leave Britain’
By TOM MCGHIE
Last updated at 10:38 PM on 23rd July 2011
Industry faces energy price increases of up to 70 per cent as a result of new ‘green taxes’ imposed by the Government.
Studies by the Energy Intensive Users Group, which represents industries such as chemicals and steel, show that the extra costs are so high that many companies may be tempted to move to countries that do not have such extreme environmental laws.
The group fears that a study by the Department of Energy into the impact of climate-change laws on energy prices for industry will attempt to downplay the impact of the new taxes.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Next Steps For Net Neutrality
- Michael Mann Vs Barack Obama
- 1974 – BBC Warned Of A New Ice Age Within Our Lifetime
- My Denier Disclosure
- Life Before The Hockey Stick
- Electronic Nirvana
- Return Of The Wooly Mammoths To Maryland
- NCDC Hits New Milestones Of Fake Data
- Latest On Arrhenius 1913 Forecast
- Before Obama Fundamentally Transformed America
- Hottest Winter Ever Update
- Be A Part Of The Team Holding Geo-centricism Deniers Feet To The Fire
- One Day Later
- Junk Science Award For The Evening
- Cold Winters In DC Used To Be Caused By Global Cooling
- Global Warming Over The Past 70 years
- The Colorado Recovery
- Summers Getting Shorter And Cooler In The Northeast
- How Much Does Obama Love America?
- Coldest Start To The Year On Record In The Northeast US
- I am Under “Investigation”
- There Is High Confidence That The IPCC Is Both Corrupt And Incompetent
- Huffington Post Predicts Six Feet Of Sea Level Rise In New York
- It Ain’t No Sin To Be Glad You’re Alive
- Bare Ground Is A Thing Of The Past