December 12, 2007
Melting in the Arctic is occurring faster than most scientists predicted, according to research presented at the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco.
Both Greenland and Arctic sea ice are melting at record rates, with Greenland’s ice sheet losing 19 billion more tons of ice than ever recorded and summertime Arctic sea ice volume declining by 50 percent over the past four years. While just a year ago scientists predicted an ice-free Arctic sea by 2040, they now say the Arctic Ocean could be nearly ice-free at the end of summer by 2012.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Katherine Hayhoe Caught Lying Again
- Being A Climate Alarmist Means Never Having To Admit You Were Wrong
- Candidates For Twits Of The Day
- President Obama Branches Out Into Hurricane Forecasting
- Drought To Flood Is Normal Weather In Texas
- Thomas Jefferson Explains Washington DC
- The Amount Of Sea Ice On Earth Isn’t Changing
- Global Sea Ice Area Approaches A Record
- US Having One Of The Coolest Years On Record
- My Shocking Undercover CO2 Investigation
- Visualizing How The White House Is Defrauding You About Precipitation
- No, The Polar Ice Caps Are Not Disappearing Katherine
- Imaginary Climate Change In Texas
- Poisoned Weather In 1991
- Understanding “Unprecedented”
- Texas Hit By Unprecedented Hypestorms!
- Blaming White People Matters
- Reader Quiz
- What Is The Fastest Way For An Official To Make A Fool Out Of Himself?
- Memorial Day 1935 – Texas Set The World Rainfall Record
- Memorial Day – Just One More Day For Obama To Talk About Himself
- “Texas Hot And Dry For The Rest Of The Century”
- Four Years Into The Joe Romm Permanent Drought
- Climate Alarmists – The Ultimate Snake Oil Salesmen
- National Security