In the official photograph, he looked every inch the commander in chief.
Strain etched on his face, Barack Obama watched as the raid to kill Osama bin Laden played out on a television in front of him.
According to a new book, however, the President was not nearly that engaged – and was actually playing golf until 20 minutes before the operation began in earnest.
Only then did he down his clubs and return to the White House to watch what he later trumpeted as a great success of his presidency.
A new book claims the official account was riddled with errors
The claims are from Chuck Pfarrer, a former SEAL team commander, in a book called SEAL Target Geronimo.
He has spoken to several of the men who carried out the operation at Bin Laden’s mansion hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on May 2.
Mr Pfarrer paints a very different picture to the official photo released at the time which shows Mr Obama and advisers huddled round a table in the White House situation room as footage was beamed from a drone 15,000ft above the al-Qaeda leader’s mansion.
Mr Pfarrer says the President’s role was largely inflated and suggests he stayed out on the golf course for so long so he could distance himself in case it went wrong. Mr Pfarrer writes: ‘If this had completely gone south, he was in a position to disavow.’
He says the White House photographs did not show the moment that Bin Laden was killed, but the moment a helicopter went down, which happened after the shooting.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Academia And Government
- Arctic Gained 20,000 Manhattans Of Ice In September
- More On NOAA Model Uncertainty
- Gavin Doesn’t Need Any Actual Data
- Obama Praises Gun Bans And Confiscation
- Union Army Was Complicit In Genocide
- At NOAA And NASA, Error Bars Mean Nothing
- The Evolution Of National Geographic’s Spectacular Climate Lies
- Spectacular White House Climate Fraud On The Great Lakes
- Minnesota’s Extreme Past
- Netherlands Massively Increasing Their Coal Capacity
- IPCC And New York Times – Lying About The Climate For At Least 15 Years
- Record Sea Ice Growth
- Forecast Moving Much Faster Than Joaquin
- Settled Science Update
- The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance
- Karma Strikes Back Against Climate Criminals
- 1967: 43 Years Of Global Cooling
- Moron In Chief Talks About Russia
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues Its Record September Growth
- Nine Years Since The New York Times Announced The End Of Winter
- Climate Fraud Could Devastate The Reputation Of Science
- White House Solutions For The Midwest Climate
- September In Indiana Used To Be Hot
- Florida Sea Level Rise Rates Are Half What They Used To Be
domainhack on 1896 : Japan Hit By Earthquake… Andy Oz on Obama Praises Gun Bans And… Andy DC on Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Aca… mogur2013 on Arctic Gained 20,000 Manhattan… mogur2013 on IPCC And New York Times… AndyG55 on Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Aca… stevengoddard on Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Aca… stevengoddard on Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Aca… Gail Combs on Union Army Was Complicit In… Gail Combs on At NOAA And NASA, Error Bars M…