In the official photograph, he looked every inch the commander in chief.
Strain etched on his face, Barack Obama watched as the raid to kill Osama bin Laden played out on a television in front of him.
According to a new book, however, the President was not nearly that engaged – and was actually playing golf until 20 minutes before the operation began in earnest.
Only then did he down his clubs and return to the White House to watch what he later trumpeted as a great success of his presidency.
A new book claims the official account was riddled with errors
The claims are from Chuck Pfarrer, a former SEAL team commander, in a book called SEAL Target Geronimo.
He has spoken to several of the men who carried out the operation at Bin Laden’s mansion hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on May 2.
Mr Pfarrer paints a very different picture to the official photo released at the time which shows Mr Obama and advisers huddled round a table in the White House situation room as footage was beamed from a drone 15,000ft above the al-Qaeda leader’s mansion.
Mr Pfarrer says the President’s role was largely inflated and suggests he stayed out on the golf course for so long so he could distance himself in case it went wrong. Mr Pfarrer writes: ‘If this had completely gone south, he was in a position to disavow.’
He says the White House photographs did not show the moment that Bin Laden was killed, but the moment a helicopter went down, which happened after the shooting.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Credible Climate Science Is Now A Thing Of The Past
- Rumors Of The Demise Of Climate Science Have Not Been Exaggerated
- Comment From Eric Steig
- Barack Obama – The Cyclone Expert
- Chaos And Breakdown Of Society Matters
- The Law Of Unintended Consequences
- My CO2 Undercover Investigation
- Obama And Kerry Have Saved The Planet
- Guardian Goes Full Orwell
- No Scientific Discussion Allowed At The Guardian
- State Of The Climate Scam Report
- Obama Recycling The Identical Nonsense From 30 Years Ago
- Dinner Is Served In 15 Minutes
- Political Opportunities Matter
- It Has Nothing To Do With CO2
- Churchill 1899 – Islam Will Take Over After Christianity And Science Are Destroyed
- Tractors Vs. Carbon Taxes
- The Straw That Broke The Camel’s Back
- Lenin’s Global Cooling Birthday – 1970
- President Obama To Save The Everglades From Global Warming
- More Global Warming On Earth Day
- Coal Fired Carbon Pollution In Colorado
- This Isn’t The Hybrid You Are Looking For
- Aggie Joke Update
- Latest Imagery From The Australian Permanent Drought
Donna K. Becker on Barack Obama – The Cyclo… gator69 on Credible Climate Science Is No… Stephen Richards on Comment From Eric Steig Phillippe Jones on Credible Climate Science Is No… janets on Credible Climate Science Is No… Phillippe Jones on Credible Climate Science Is No… Steve Case on Comment From Eric Steig Doug Dennison on Barack Obama – The Cyclo… Winnipeg Boy on Credible Climate Science Is No… woody188 on Rumors Of The Demise Of Climat…