Labour MP Colin Challen has launched the parliamentary motion, which points to a “climate emergency”. He said: “The catastrophic destabilisation of global climate represents the greatest threat that humanity faces.”
The immediate action he says is needed includes redirecting money aimed at boosting the economy to “green measures”, and assigning at least two hours of prime-time television per week to “explain the gravity of the crisis to the public”.
He also said “domestic flights should be phased out by the end of 2010″ while a “speed limit of 55 miles per hour should be introduced”.
Global warning | speed limit cut | 55mph | Andrew George | Flybe| Devon and Cornwall | Colin Challen, Labour MP | Western Morning News | This is Cornwall
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,961 other subscribers
How sad . . . another sad case of terminal Stupidism. If only there was money available in the scientific pot to study this terrible disease and find a cure.
Alas, all the R&D funds have been used up by Climate Scientologists.
Clearly Mr Challen is intellectually challenged.
That is going to depress the luxury sports car industry.
Just another imbecile. The frightening thing is that they are actually given a platform!
But, planes can’t fly at 55!! Expect all aircraft to fall out of the sky and drivers to crash off the road because they’re terminally bored and fall asleep, or can distract themselves with other things proving inattention is by far the greatest killer – not speed.
Save fuel – stop politicians travelling to junkets, meetings, holidays.. by air,car and boat. Make them pay. Confiscate their gold cards!
Obviously, you’ve never flown a Piper Cub; in fact, you’d be lucky to go that fast. 🙂
Funny… If you ask the average leftie slob a question about who wants to excersize control over your life their response would be unanimously the “right wing”.
2010?? The man can’t even count, or is this an old report? Whichever, the man is still mad as a hatter. Does he really think that cutting down the UK’s 3% of man’s global 3% of the atmospheric level of 0.039% of CO2 in the atmosphere is going to make the slightest bit of difference, i.e. a fraction of 0.000035%
How the **** did he ever get elected?
People get the politicians they deserve. Those who want to steal funds from the ex-checquer elect those experienced in theft and guile who will do so.