December 1861 – January 1862: California’s Great Flood
Beginning on December 24, 1861, and lasting for 45 days, the largest flood in California’s recorded history was created, reaching full flood stage in different areas between January 9–12, 1862.
The entire Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys were inundated for an extent of 300 miles (480 km), averaging 20 miles (32 km) in breadth. State government was forced to relocate from the capital in Sacramento for 18 months in San Francisco. The rain created an inland sea in Orange County, lasting about three weeks with water standing 4 feet (1.2 m) deep up to 4 miles (6 km) from the river.
The Los Angeles basin was flooded from the San Gabriel Mountains to the Palos Verdes Peninsula, at variable depths, excluding the higher lands which became islands until the waters receded. The Los Angeles basin lost 200,000 cattle by way of drowning, as well as homes, ranches, farm crops & vineyards being swept-away.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- More Sea Level Mischief From NOAA
- Obama Is The 44th President To Experience Alaskan Glacier Melting
- More Mind-Blowing Sea Level Fraud From The University Of Colorado And NASA
- 1972 – Walter Cronkite Warned Of A New Ice Age
- A 2009 Reminder That Climate Alarmists Are Complete Nutcases
- More Spectacular Climate BS From Jerry Meehl At NCAR
- Why The US Must Never Let CO2 Levels Drop Again
- Obama Travels To Alaska To Warn Them About Global Warming
- Florida Hurricanes Becoming Much Less Common
- New York Times Shows Little Change In Arctic Sea Ice Since 1971
- Today’s Featured Climate Fraudster – James Blalog
- Spectacular Fraud On The Other Side Of The Pond
- Fire Is An Essential And Necessary Part Of The Forest Cycle
- A Spectacular Hockey Stick Of Fraud With NASA Surface Temperatures Since 2001
- Climate Morons Of The Day – Sydney Morning Herald
- Other Things That Greg Doesn’t Remember From 1954
- 2015 Will Be The Most Criminal Year On Record For Climate Scientists
- Part Two Of Greg’s Delusion
- A Case Study In Climate Delusion
- Hot Days Occurring Less Frequently In Australia
- Sea Level Fraud – Worse Than It Seems
- Settled Science
- Hot Days In Illinois Are A Thing Of The Past
- More On The Breathtaking NCAR Museum Climate Fraud
- Today’s Sea Level Fraud From NASA