December 1861 – January 1862: California’s Great Flood
Beginning on December 24, 1861, and lasting for 45 days, the largest flood in California’s recorded history was created, reaching full flood stage in different areas between January 9–12, 1862.
The entire Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys were inundated for an extent of 300 miles (480 km), averaging 20 miles (32 km) in breadth. State government was forced to relocate from the capital in Sacramento for 18 months in San Francisco. The rain created an inland sea in Orange County, lasting about three weeks with water standing 4 feet (1.2 m) deep up to 4 miles (6 km) from the river.
The Los Angeles basin was flooded from the San Gabriel Mountains to the Palos Verdes Peninsula, at variable depths, excluding the higher lands which became islands until the waters receded. The Los Angeles basin lost 200,000 cattle by way of drowning, as well as homes, ranches, farm crops & vineyards being swept-away.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- My St Francis Epiphany
- Today’s Climate Morons
- The Rhone Glacier Then And Now
- Glaciers Shrank Thousands Of Feet Before 1902
- There Are No Qualified Atmospheric Scientists In Texas
- US Climate Getting Less Extreme
- The Symptoms Of Global Warming And Global Cooling Are Identical
- Forest Fires Were Much More Common During The Little Ice Age
- Another Smoking Gun Of Incompetence By Climate Scientists
- Children’s Lives Don’t Matter
- Things We Need To Ban
- Summer Temperatures In Greenland Have Plummeted To Record Lows
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Highest In A Decade
- Huffington Post Vying For Stupidest Article Ever
- Screaming Therapy For The Arctic
- Climate Sensitivity Must Be Plummeting
- Spectacular Fraud From The Lancet Commission
- 1907 : It Is Up To Bloggers To Stop Climate Data Tampering
- No Schoolchild Has Seen Any Global Warming
- Shutting Down The Criminals At the EPA
- Climate Scientists Reaching Unprecedented Levels Of Stupid
- President Obama Hoping To Cut Off The Fossil Fuel Supply – Just In Time To Freeze Everyone To Death
- US Burn Acreage Plummeting, Lowest In A Decade
- Arctic Meltdown Scam In Complete Collapse
- Another Victim Of Climate Data Change
gator69 on My St Francis Epiphany gator69 on Today’s Climate Morons gator69 on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons Dave N on Today’s Climate Morons Morgan Wright on Glaciers Shrank Thousands Of F…