December 1861 – January 1862: California’s Great Flood
Beginning on December 24, 1861, and lasting for 45 days, the largest flood in California’s recorded history was created, reaching full flood stage in different areas between January 9–12, 1862.
The entire Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys were inundated for an extent of 300 miles (480 km), averaging 20 miles (32 km) in breadth. State government was forced to relocate from the capital in Sacramento for 18 months in San Francisco. The rain created an inland sea in Orange County, lasting about three weeks with water standing 4 feet (1.2 m) deep up to 4 miles (6 km) from the river.
The Los Angeles basin was flooded from the San Gabriel Mountains to the Palos Verdes Peninsula, at variable depths, excluding the higher lands which became islands until the waters receded. The Los Angeles basin lost 200,000 cattle by way of drowning, as well as homes, ranches, farm crops & vineyards being swept-away.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Looking Forward To Flying Into Baltimore Tomorrow
- Credible Climate Science Is Now A Thing Of The Past
- Rumors Of The Demise Of Climate Science Have Not Been Exaggerated
- Comment From Eric Steig
- Barack Obama – The Cyclone Expert
- Chaos And Breakdown Of Society Matters
- The Law Of Unintended Consequences
- My CO2 Undercover Investigation
- Obama And Kerry Have Saved The Planet
- Guardian Goes Full Orwell
- No Scientific Discussion Allowed At The Guardian
- State Of The Climate Scam Report
- Obama Recycling The Identical Nonsense From 30 Years Ago
- Dinner Is Served In 15 Minutes
- Political Opportunities Matter
- It Has Nothing To Do With CO2
- Churchill 1899 – Islam Will Take Over After Christianity And Science Are Destroyed
- Tractors Vs. Carbon Taxes
- The Straw That Broke The Camel’s Back
- Lenin’s Global Cooling Birthday – 1970
- President Obama To Save The Everglades From Global Warming
- More Global Warming On Earth Day
- Coal Fired Carbon Pollution In Colorado
- This Isn’t The Hybrid You Are Looking For
- Aggie Joke Update
Steve Case on Looking Forward To Flying Into… gator69 on Looking Forward To Flying Into… Andy DC on Barack Obama – The Cyclo… Truthseeker on Looking Forward To Flying Into… Gail Combs on Looking Forward To Flying Into… gator69 on Looking Forward To Flying Into… Gail Combs on Looking Forward To Flying Into… Doug on Credible Climate Science Is No… Andy DC on Rumors Of The Demise Of Climat… gator69 on Credible Climate Science Is No…