Jason Samenow demonstrates how not to think like a scientist. Bottom line is that he wants to believe something, and has no evidence to back up any of his claims.
1) Sandy should not be “blamed” on climate change. Climate change does not cause storms and did not cause Superstorm Sandy. Storms form when certain weather ingredients come together. The historic record shows violent storms, some even more severe than Sandy, have struck the Northeast repeatedly..
2) While climate change did not cause Sandy, it may have been a performance enhancer like a steroid, injecting it with somewhat more energy and power.
Past storms were more powerful than Sandy before “climate change” Therefore Sandy was made more powerful by climate change. Brilliant thinking.
3) Sea level rise from manmade climate change increased the water level along the Northeast coast 6 to 8 inches and, as a result, somewhat worsened the coastal flooding from Sandy.
Sea level has been rising for 20,000 years, and tide gauges show no acceleration over the last century. How could this possibly be man made? He is making a statement of fact which has zero evidence to back it up.
4) There is speculation that decreased Arctic sea ice from manmade climate change altered atmospheric steering currents, strengthening the weather system in the North Atlantic that helped to push Sandy ashore in the Northeast. This idea is controversial.
5) Climate change is likely to slowly increase the intensity of hurricanes in the future, but trends in storm frequency are less certain and the number of storms may actually decrease. Sea levels will continue to rise adding to the coastal flood risk.
The whole truth about Superstorm Sandy and climate change – Capital Weather Gang – The Washington Post
Nothing but mindless speculation based on preconceived notions. h/t to Marc Morano
!!!MEME-CHECK!!! Computer Modeling Correction #14,764.3. Prediction of increased number of storms from CAGW proven false by real Earth data. Update immediately to read ‘the number of storms may actually DECREASE.’ / End transmission.
When propaganda is presented as scientific fact by science “experts”, most people will buy into it. Sad but true. If it is that way about climate, how many other lies are being foisted upon the public?
More AGW alarmist baloney passed off as science. The perpetrators of this nonsense know no shame. The science isn’t on their side, so they must invent scare stories to frighten the unwary public. From its inception, the global warming myth has been driven by an insatiable desire for money, power, and control of the masses.
Check to see if there are increasing hurricane trends globally. If so he can at least speculate based on empirical observations. If he’s too lazy to do that, STFU. If the data contradicts his speculation don’t speculate counter to the observational data. Because that makes you look really really stupid..
Once again we’re subjected to the phony “climate change” alarm; the climate has been changing for billions of years.
There is no evidence supporting the theory that today’s climate is unusual or affected by human-induced CO2. However, there is mounting evidence that we may be on the brink of another Little Ice Age as the sun remains in a deep sleep and the AMO shifts to its negative phase in a decade or so.
I disagree that Jason Samenow isn’t thinking like a scientist.
Most scientists seem to think exactly like that nowadays.
” Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual truths.” – Joseph Goebbels.