A volunteer who was shot during a wave of attacks on polio-vaccination teams has succumbed to his injuries in Pakistan.
That brings to nine the number of health workers killed since December 17.
Officials say the student volunteer died on December 20, a day after he was shot while helping distribute polio drops in the northwestern city of Peshawar.
Five of the nine health workers killed were women.
The bloodshed prompted United Nations agencies to suspend their campaign against polio in Pakistan after the attacks.
The Islamic terrorist group Jundullah claimed responsibility, telling RFE/RL’s Radio Mashaal that polio vaccination is forbidden in Islam.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Plummeting Summer Temperatures In Wisconsin
- Two Consecutive Record Cold Valentines Day At Amherst, Massachusetts
- 160 Degree Spread In 1936
- Coldest Valentines Day On Record In New York
- Being CNN
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free By The Year 2000
- 2008 : “The Clintons corrupted the soul of the Democratic Party.”
- Gun Control Works!
- Believe And Repent
- Extreme UHI Fraud At NOAA
- Advances In Technology Give Scientists The Proof They Are Looking For
- The Incredible Heatwave Of January 1896 In Australia
- Cherry Picking The New Normal
- Release 1.3
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Australian Stations Now Available
- Here Is What’s Next
- Pulling Back The Curtain V1.1
- The September 1897 Heatwave In Ohio
- Pulling Back The Curtain On Super Climate Sunday
- Super Climate Sunday
- The Mind Blowing Heat Of 1936
- The Wrong Stuff
- Confirmation Bias In Climate Science
- Hot Weather In Missouri Is A Thing Of The Past