Imposing still more “global warming” restrictions on the U.S. economy makes about as much sense as losing your car keys in Boston but insisting on searching for them in Los Angeles. True, global carbon dioxide emissions have risen more than 33 percent since the year 2000. However, U.S. carbon dioxide emissions have declined during that time and will continue to decline for the foreseeable future. The U.S. Energy Information Administration reports that during 2012 alone, U.S. carbon dioxide emissions declined by 8 percentcompared to 2011.
China by far emits more carbon dioxide than any other nation. Chinese emissions, moreover, are growing rapidly. China alone accounts for 75 percent of the global increase in carbon dioxide emissions since 2000. If the United States completely eliminated all of its carbon dioxide emissions today (something that is impossible to do), the only thing we would accomplish would be to delay by about five years an equal increase in Chinese emissions. And China has repeatedly and emphatically insisted it will not agree to any restrictions on its carbon dioxide emissions.
Thankfully, President Obama’s asserted global warming catastrophes exist solely in his mind.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- US Hurricanes Have Plummeted As CO2 Has Risen
- Sea Level Rise In Miami Over The Past 90 Years
- Ignoring Evil Worked Really Well In 1938
- The Beauty Of Green, Unreliable, Expensive, Environmentally Destructive Energy
- Slowest Arctic Melt Season On Record Continues
- Stored Solar Energy In Colorado
- The 1945 Peace Process
- My Vote For Stupidest Human Alive
- Growing Coconuts In DC
- Reader Quiz
- Worse Than The Ku Klux Klan
- The Hansen Effect
- President Obama’s Earth Day Visit To Florida
- California Building A $70 Billion Amusement Park – “Train To Nowhere”
- NCDC Hiding The Decline In US Winter Temperature
- 1970 – Scientists Blamed Low Antarctic Sea Ice Extent On CO2
- Reader Survey
- Planet Destroying Aircraft On Earth Day
- Celebrating 50 Years Of Progressive Rule In The UK
- Gun Free Maryland
- Plan Your Northwest Passage Voyage Today
- Twenty Years Since The Oklahoma City Bombing
- It Must Have Been Spring – But It’s Over Now
- Susanna’s Question Answered
- Russia Sells Missiles To Iran – Kerry Heads To The Arctic
Gail Combs on Stored Solar Energy In Co… Disillusioned on Slowest Arctic Melt Season On… Chris Barron on Stored Solar Energy In Co… Chris Barron on Stored Solar Energy In Co… MikeW on My Vote For Stupidest Human… Chris Barron on US Hurricanes Have Plummeted A… David A on The 1945 Peace Process David A on The 1945 Peace Process mkelly on Stored Solar Energy In Co… Gail Combs on Stored Solar Energy In Co…