March 10, 2006: It’s official: Solar minimum has arrived. Sunspots have all but vanished. Solar flares are nonexistent. The sun is utterly quiet.
Like the quiet before a storm.
This week researchers announced that a storm is coming–the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). “The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one,” she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Plagiarism? White House Climate Policy Is Identical To The Work Of This Man
- US Hurricanes Have Plummeted As CO2 Has Risen
- Sea Level Rise In Miami Over The Past 90 Years
- Ignoring Evil Worked Really Well In 1938
- The Beauty Of Green, Unreliable, Expensive, Environmentally Destructive Energy
- Slowest Arctic Melt Season On Record Continues
- Stored Solar Energy In Colorado
- The 1945 Peace Process
- My Vote For Stupidest Human Alive
- Growing Coconuts In DC
- Reader Quiz
- Worse Than The Ku Klux Klan
- The Hansen Effect
- President Obama’s Earth Day Visit To Florida
- California Building A $70 Billion Amusement Park – “Train To Nowhere”
- NCDC Hiding The Decline In US Winter Temperature
- 1970 – Scientists Blamed Low Antarctic Sea Ice Extent On CO2
- Reader Survey
- Planet Destroying Aircraft On Earth Day
- Celebrating 50 Years Of Progressive Rule In The UK
- Gun Free Maryland
- Plan Your Northwest Passage Voyage Today
- Twenty Years Since The Oklahoma City Bombing
- It Must Have Been Spring – But It’s Over Now
- Susanna’s Question Answered
gator69 on The Beauty Of Green, Unreliabl… Climate Is Cyclical on US Hurricanes Have Plummeted A… Gail Combs on The Beauty Of Green, Unreliabl… Gail Combs on The Beauty Of Green, Unreliabl… Gail Combs on The Beauty Of Green, Unreliabl… dmacleo on Stored Solar Energy In Co… dmacleo on My Vote For Stupidest Human… gator69 on The Beauty Of Green, Unreliabl… scizzorbill on Plagiarism? White House Climat… Gail Combs on The Beauty Of Green, Unreliabl…