The EIA’s chart also shows how limited President Obama’s ability to deal with climate change really is. The reality is that the vast majority of the carbon emissions to come will be emitted by developing nations like China—and much of that will be due to coal. As we’ve reported here, the U.S. has reduced coal use and cut carbon emissions in recent year, even in the absence of comprehensive climate legislation, thanks to tougher air pollution regulations and cheap natural gas from fracking. Yet even as coal has waned in the U.S., it’s still being burned by the gigaton in other countries. We won’t beat climate change until we’ve beaten coal, but I’m not sure there’s much the United States can do to convince China or India to quit cheap energy—no matter the cost.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Imaginary Climate Change In Texas
- Poisoned Weather In 1991
- Understanding “Unprecedented”
- Texas Hit By Unprecedented Hypestorms!
- Blaming White People Matters
- Reader Quiz
- What Is The Fastest Way For An Official To Make A Fool Out Of Himself?
- Memorial Day 1935 – Texas Set The World Rainfall Record
- Memorial Day – Just One More Day For Obama To Talk About Himself
- “Texas Hot And Dry For The Rest Of The Century”
- Four Years Into The Joe Romm Permanent Drought
- Climate Alarmists – The Ultimate Snake Oil Salesmen
- National Security
- Memorial Day Temperatures In Fort Collins Plummeting
- Comparing 1975 National Academy Of Sciences To 2015 GISS
- Desperate Lies From From Desperate Religious Fanatics
- Democrats Demonstrate Their Depravity On Memorial Day
- Eleven More Climate Change Victims
- One Month Since Katherine Hayhoe Discussed The Desertification Of Texas
- Halliburton Did This
- Facing The Colorado Permanent Drought
- Dreaming Of An Electric Car
- NASA – Hiding The Decline
- What Level Of CO2 Would Stop Glaciers From Melting?
- This Morning’s Asthma Free Walk In 400 PPM CO2
R. Shearer on Understanding “Unprecede… darrylb on Poisoned Weather In 1991 rah on Memorial Day – Just One… darrylb on Poisoned Weather In 1991 Phillippe Jones on Poisoned Weather In 1991 Phillippe Jones on Texas Hit By Unprecedented… Phillippe Jones on Understanding “Unprecede… Menicholas on Texas Hit By Unprecedented… AndyG55 on Reader Quiz Jason Calley on Poisoned Weather In 1991