TIME Magazine June 1974: Another Ice Age?
As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.
Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F. Although that figure is at best an estimate, it is supported by other convincing data. When Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since. Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Fundraising At NSIDC
- Certainly Uncertain
- Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand Year Rainfalls
- The Thousand Year Rainfall Fallacy
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second Highest For The Date Since 2005
- EPA And CSIRO – Taking Sea Level Fraud To Spectacular New Heights
- Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Academia And Government
- Arctic Gained 20,000 Manhattans Of Ice In September
- More On NOAA Model Uncertainty
- Gavin Doesn’t Need Any Actual Data
- Obama Praises Gun Bans And Confiscation
- Union Army Was Complicit In Genocide
- At NOAA And NASA, Error Bars Mean Nothing
- The Evolution Of National Geographic’s Spectacular Climate Lies
- Spectacular White House Climate Fraud On The Great Lakes
- Minnesota’s Extreme Past
- Netherlands Massively Increasing Their Coal Capacity
- IPCC And New York Times – Lying About The Climate For At Least 15 Years
- Record Sea Ice Growth
- Forecast Moving Much Faster Than Joaquin
- Settled Science Update
- The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance
- Karma Strikes Back Against Climate Criminals
- 1967: 43 Years Of Global Cooling
- Moron In Chief Talks About Russia
AndyG55 on Fundraising At NSIDC David A on Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand… AndyG55 on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… AndyG55 on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… Morgan Wright on Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand… Colorado Wellington on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… Gail Combs on Fundraising At NSIDC Gail Combs on Fundraising At NSIDC Gail Combs on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… Gail Combs on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H…