TIME Magazine June 1974: Another Ice Age?
As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.
Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest.Since the 1940s the mean global temperature has dropped about 2.7° F. Although that figure is at best an estimate, it is supported by other convincing data. When Climatologist George J. Kukla of Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory and his wife Helena analyzed satellite weather data for the Northern Hemisphere, they found that the area of the ice and snow cover had suddenly increased by 12% in 1971 and the increase has persisted ever since. Areas of Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic, for example, were once totally free of any snow in summer; now they are covered year round.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Climate Morons Of The Day – Sydney Morning Herald
- Other Things That Greg Doesn’t Remember From 1954
- 2015 Will Be The Most Criminal Year On Record For Climate Scientists
- Part Two Of Greg’s Delusion
- A Case Study In Climate Delusion
- Hot Days Occurring Less Frequently In Australia
- Sea Level Fraud – Worse Than It Seems
- Settled Science
- Hot Days In Illinois Are A Thing Of The Past
- More On The Breathtaking NCAR Museum Climate Fraud
- Today’s Sea Level Fraud From NASA
- Today’s Fraud Focus – Sea Level
- My Arctic Forecast
- Breathtaking Climate Fraud At The NCAR Museum
- Massive Climate Fraud In California
- Climate Scientists Simply Can’t Stop Lying
- Another Smoking Gun Of Fraud At NOAA
- Experts Have Been Imagining Climate Change Since At Least 1871
- Hiding The Decline In Oklahoma
- Nights Getting Much Warmer In Parker, Az
- Glaciers Were Disappearing During NASA’s Coldest Years Ever
- Eight Years Since James Hansen Predicted 25 Metres Of Sea Level Rise
- The Jakobshavn Climate Scam
- Another Very Cool Summer In The US
- 58% Increase In Arctic Multi-Year Ice Over The Last Three Years
Menicholas on 2015 Will Be The Most Criminal… Menicholas on Other Things That Greg Doesn… gator69 on Climate Morons Of The Day… pinroot on 2015 Will Be The Most Criminal… Climatism on 2015 Will Be The Most Criminal… gator69 on My Arctic Forecast Jim Hunt on My Arctic Forecast rah on Settled Science Andy DC on Other Things That Greg Doesn… Morgan Wright on Settled Science