Nairobi — Kenya’s hopes of becoming one of the first countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a body legally empowered to advise on mitigating the effects of climate change have hit a dead end, after President Mwai Kibaki rejected a law that would have created a Kenya Climate Change Authority (KCCA).
The Kenya Climate Change Authority Bill was passed by the country’s parliament in December. The KCCA would have advised national and regional governments on how to cope with climate change, punish environmental offenders and implement local and international agreements on climate issues.
The body would have been authorized to formulate policies on adaptation and response, besides setting regulatory measures to control activities that would impact the environment and climate.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Too Dishonest To Investigate Nixon
- National Wildlife Federation Predicts Lake Superior Will Become Ice-Free In Winter
- National Leader Announces That The Debate Is Over
- Pentagon Says Global Warming Will Kill Us In Nine Years
- The Precautionary Principle
- Tomorrow Afternoon
- After Hundreds Of $Billions Of Research, Scientists Discover The 1930’s
- Only Two Years left Until George Bush Melts The Arctic
- Read My Lips : No New Carbon
- UN Says Earth Was Destroyed Yesterday
- Book Your Northwest Passage Cruise – For Only $21,000
- I’m Just Back From CVS
- Texas Vs. Maryland
- Latest From The Presidential Race
- Visualizing The Big NASA/NOAA Lie
- No Public School Student Has Seen Any Warming During Their Lifetime
- The White House Would Never Fabricate Data
- On The Other Hand …
- How President Obama Sees Different Black Men
- 40 Years Since Climatologists Blamed California Drought On Global Cooling
- How Congress Can End The Climate Scam
- Progressive Thoughts For Today
- Academics Appeal To The Pope To Stifle Debate
- Global Warming Conspiracy Theorists
- Climate Scientists’ War On Reality Continues Unabated
gator69 on On The Other Hand … gator69 on On The Other Hand … AndyG55 on On The Other Hand … sabretoothed on National Wildlife Federation P… Colorado Wellington on The Precautionary Principle Neal S on Too Dishonest To Investigate… AndyG55 on On The Other Hand … Chris Barron on On The Other Hand … Chris Barron on On The Other Hand … Mike D on Too Dishonest To Investigate…