Nairobi — Kenya’s hopes of becoming one of the first countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a body legally empowered to advise on mitigating the effects of climate change have hit a dead end, after President Mwai Kibaki rejected a law that would have created a Kenya Climate Change Authority (KCCA).
The Kenya Climate Change Authority Bill was passed by the country’s parliament in December. The KCCA would have advised national and regional governments on how to cope with climate change, punish environmental offenders and implement local and international agreements on climate issues.
The body would have been authorized to formulate policies on adaptation and response, besides setting regulatory measures to control activities that would impact the environment and climate.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Hansen Forecast Update
- Settled Science From 1969
- Keeping Proper Focus
- Begonia Update
- 1947 : Ten Degrees Arctic Warming – Coastal Cities To Drown – Send Money
- 15 Years Since New York Times Declared The North Pole Ice-Free
- We Should Have Listened!
- 30 Years Since Government Experts Predicted New York Would Be Like Florida
- Hockey In Wisconsin
- Global Warming Flees To Las Cruces, NM
- EPA Predicts 11 Feet Of Sea Level Rise
- Last Arctic Ice To Vanish In A Few Weeks
- Hiding The Armadillos
- Settled Science At The EPA
- Learning To Think Like A Democrat
- Settled Religion
- Obama Did More Than He Promised
- The Anti-Science White House
- If Obama Was Serious
- More CO2 And Less War
- Eight Years Since Nancy Pelosi Undermined White House Foreign Policy
- NASA Data Tampering Has Destroyed The Global Temperature Record
- US Winters Getting Much Colder
- Global Warming Excuse #1
- Warning! Avert Your Eyes
sabretoothed on Keeping Proper Focus KTM on Hansen Forecast Update sabretoothed on Keeping Proper Focus Mike D on Keeping Proper Focus sabretoothed on Keeping Proper Focus darrylb on Settled Science At The EP… rah on Hansen Forecast Update gator69 on Hansen Forecast Update Aphan on Hansen Forecast Update DD More on 1947 : Ten Degrees Arctic Warm…