OCT 23, 2001
While doing research 12 or 13 years ago, I met Jim Hansen, the scientist who in 1988 predicted the greenhouse effect before Congress. I went over to the window with him and looked out on Broadway in New York City and said, “If what you’re saying about the greenhouse effect is true, is anything going to look different down there in 20 years?” He looked for a while and was quiet and didn’t say anything for a couple seconds. Then he said, “Well, there will be more traffic.” I, of course, didn’t think he heard the question right. Then he explained, “The West Side Highway will be under water. And there will be tape across the windows across the street because of high winds. And the same birds won’t be there. The trees in the median strip will change.” Then he said, “There will be more police cars.” Why? “Well, you know what happens to crime when the heat goes up.”
When did he say this will happen?
Within 20 or 30 years. And remember we had this conversation in 1988 or 1989.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Are Our Leaders Finally Getting Serious About Stopping Imaginary Global Warming?
- Book Your Northwest Passage Cruise For Only $25,000
- Bill Gray : Biggest El Nino Since 1998
- July 1907 Heatwave Killed Dozens Of People And Horses In Philadelphia
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues At Highest Extent Since 2005
- Dr. Bill Gray Responds To Pope Francis
- White House Demonstrates That They Are Complete Morons – Once Again
- Hispanic Leaders Angry Don Trump Said Many Illegal Aliens Are Criminals
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Approaching Highest Extent Since At Least 2004
- Polar Bears Granted A Reprieve
- All Lies, All The Time
- Increasing Is Decreasing
- July 1896 Heatwave Killed Birds
- Bill Gates Says The Cost Of Switching To Wind And Solar Would Be “Beyond Astronomical”
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free By July 1
- My St Francis Epiphany
- Today’s Climate Morons
- The Rhone Glacier Then And Now
- Glaciers Shrank Thousands Of Feet Before 1902
- There Are No Qualified Atmospheric Scientists In Texas
- US Climate Getting Less Extreme
- The Symptoms Of Global Warming And Global Cooling Are Identical
- Forest Fires Were Much More Common During The Little Ice Age
- Another Smoking Gun Of Incompetence By Climate Scientists
- Children’s Lives Don’t Matter
Richard T. Fowler on Book Your Northwest Passage Cr… omanuel on Are Our Leaders Finally Gettin… Richard T. Fowler on July 1907 Heatwave Killed Doze… kbray in california on Book Your Northwest Passage Cr… Robertv on Book Your Northwest Passage Cr… Hugh on Bill Gray : Biggest El Nino Si… Gail Combs on Book Your Northwest Passage Cr… lance on Book Your Northwest Passage Cr… Gail Combs on Arctic Sea Ice Continues At Hi… Gail Combs on July 1907 Heatwave Killed Doze…