Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- All US Warming, And Almost Half Of The Data, Is Fake
- NASA Goes Double Or Nothing On Their Data Tampering
- Living The Green Dream In Boulder
- It Only Takes One Progressive To Destroy A Community
- Reader Quiz : Which Way Is My Train Moving?
- 50% Of Reported Global Warming Is Due To Post 1999 Data Tampering
- Gavin Takes Climate Cynicism To An Entirely New Level
- Saving Manhattan!
- Count Me In With The 97% Consensus
- Eminent Scientists Warn Earth Is Drying Up – Martian Style Irrigation Systems Needed
- NSIDC Demonstrates How To Construct An Arctic Ice Scam
- Sea Level Idiocy At National Geographic
- Bill Gray’s Birthday
- National Geographic Weren’t Always MWP Deniers
- USGS Says No Linkage Between Flooding And CO2
- Alaskan Glaciers Retreated Eleven Feet Per Day From 1894 To 1907
- More Smoking Guns Of Fraud At NASA
- You Simply Aren’t Qualified To Question Eminent Scientists
- Why You Should Be Worried About Declining Journalism At The Washington Post
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues Its Record Growth
- Today’s Climate Moron Of The Day : Andrew Cuomo
- Final Joaquin Scorecard
- Glaciers Don’t Lie, But Government Scientists Do
- Latest World Class Fraud From The Climate Criminals
- The Chattering Climate Morons
Dave1billion on Living The Green Dream In… ozspeaksup on All US Warming, And Almost Hal… Adam Gallon on It Only Takes One Progressive… Eric Simpson on NASA Goes Double Or Nothing On… Andy Oz on Arctic Sea Ice Continues Its R… Andy Oz on Gavin Takes Climate Cynicism T… Marsh on NASA Goes Double Or Nothing On… Steve Case on NASA Goes Double Or Nothing On… sabretoothed on NASA Goes Double Or Nothing On… Menicholas on NASA Goes Double Or Nothing On…