Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Hot Days Occurring Less Frequently In Australia
- Sea Level Fraud – Worse Than It Seems
- Settled Science
- Hot Days In Illinois Are A Thing Of The Past
- More On The Breathtaking NCAR Museum Climate Fraud
- Today’s Sea Level Fraud From NASA
- Today’s Fraud Focus – Sea Level
- My Arctic Forecast
- Breathtaking Climate Fraud At The NCAR Museum
- Massive Climate Fraud In California
- Climate Scientists Simply Can’t Stop Lying
- Another Smoking Gun Of Fraud At NOAA
- Experts Have Been Imagining Climate Change Since At Least 1871
- Hiding The Decline In Oklahoma
- Nights Getting Much Warmer In Parker, Az
- Glaciers Were Disappearing During NASA’s Coldest Years Ever
- Eight Years Since James Hansen Predicted 25 Metres Of Sea Level Rise
- The Jakobshavn Climate Scam
- Another Very Cool Summer In The US
- 58% Increase In Arctic Multi-Year Ice Over The Last Three Years
- July Was The 51st Hottest Since 1895 In The US
- More On The NOAA July Fraud
- One Climate Prediction That Came True
- 38% Growth In Arctic Sea Ice Since September 2012
- Scientists Say The Arctic Has Been Ice-Free Since 2008
Snowleopard on My Arctic Forecast DD More on Settled Science oppti on Sea Level Fraud – Worse… menicholas on Settled Science menicholas on Settled Science rah on My Arctic Forecast Jason Calley on My Arctic Forecast rah on My Arctic Forecast rah on Settled Science Joe Gossett on Hot Days In Illinois Are A Thi…