Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
- 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted To Evacuate The Coasts
- The Real Climate Hurricane Effect
- Old Jedi Mind Trick
- More Evidence That Global Warming Theory Is Failing
- Global Warming Becoming Very Selective
- Life In A Global Warming Paradise
- 11% Of US Minimum Temperatures Through April 23 Have Been Below 0F
- 2014 US Nighttime Temperatures Coldest On Record So Far
- US Having The Third Coldest Start To A Year On Record
- Overheated Atmosphere Brings Sub-Freezing Temperatures To Southern Arizona At The End Of April
- They Never Had Debates In The Soviet Union Or North Korea
- BU Biologist Says Coldest Start To The Year On Record Isn’t A Late Spring
- Excess Antarctic Sea Ice Area Approaching The Highest On Record
- US 16 Month Temperature Third Coldest On Record
- Thermal Expansion Of The US
- Late April Arizona Snow – A Sure Sign Of An Overheated Atmosphere
- US Maximum Temperatures In 2013 Were Third Coldest On Record
- Forecast The Hate Campaign
- An Ice-Free Michigan In 2014?
- Death Of The Wind Death Trains
- Making Progress Defeating The Borg
- Massive Data Tampering In New Hampshire Hides The Decline
- 1998 Phil Jones Paper Showed That All Northern Hemisphere Warming Occurred Before 1940
- By 1935, The Scientific Consensus Had Determined That Mars’ Oceans Were Actually Tracts Of Vegetation
- My Earth Day Pictures
Morgan on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… Morgan on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… gator69 on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… gator69 on The Real Climate Hurricane… Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick gator69 on They Never Had Debates In The… tom0mason on 2005 : Climate Experts Wanted… Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick Robertv on Old Jedi Mind Trick