Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Bill Gates Says The Cost Of Switching To Wind And Solar Would Be “Beyond Astronomical”
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free By July 1
- My St Francis Epiphany
- Today’s Climate Morons
- The Rhone Glacier Then And Now
- Glaciers Shrank Thousands Of Feet Before 1902
- There Are No Qualified Atmospheric Scientists In Texas
- US Climate Getting Less Extreme
- The Symptoms Of Global Warming And Global Cooling Are Identical
- Forest Fires Were Much More Common During The Little Ice Age
- Another Smoking Gun Of Incompetence By Climate Scientists
- Children’s Lives Don’t Matter
- Things We Need To Ban
- Summer Temperatures In Greenland Have Plummeted To Record Lows
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Highest In A Decade
- Huffington Post Vying For Stupidest Article Ever
- Screaming Therapy For The Arctic
- Climate Sensitivity Must Be Plummeting
- Spectacular Fraud From The Lancet Commission
- 1907 : It Is Up To Bloggers To Stop Climate Data Tampering
- No Schoolchild Has Seen Any Global Warming
- Shutting Down The Criminals At the EPA
- Climate Scientists Reaching Unprecedented Levels Of Stupid
- President Obama Hoping To Cut Off The Fossil Fuel Supply – Just In Time To Freeze Everyone To Death
- US Burn Acreage Plummeting, Lowest In A Decade