Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- If The Data Doesn’t Match The Theory, Change The Data
- What Makes This Blog Different
- Latest News From The Biggest Liar In The History Of The World
- Obama’s Love For America
- Two Peas In The Same Pod
- My Promise, In Exchange For Your Vote
- Super Secret Spy Cams Show Illegal Global Warming Refugees Streaming Into New Mexico
- Understanding Climate Science
- Declining Expert Credibility Update
- More Arctic Sea Ice Than 1922
- Just When You Thought Scientists Couldn’t Possibly Get Any Stupider
- Basic Physics For Clueless Climate Scientists
- Hottest Year Ever Update
- Certain Obama Voters
- No, I Can’t Promise You An Obamaphone
- Being A Progressive Means Never Having To Tell The Truth
- My Bicycle Never Runs Out Power
- Progressives Believe The Koch Brothers Are More Powerful Than The Gods
- The New Normal
- Waste Not, Want Not
- How About Doing Some Actual Science, Mikey?
- Hottest Winter Ever Update
- Innoculating The Public Against Climate FundraisingTactics
- Three Feet Of Snow For The New Mexico Permanent Drought
- US Weather Is The Least Extreme Ever
Dave1billion on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… Dave1billion on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… scizzorbill on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… craigm350 on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… Bob Koss on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… emsnews on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… gator69 on What Makes This Blog Diff… sabretoothed on If The Data Doesn’t Matc… sabretoothed on Super Secret Spy Cams Show Ill… Anto on Understanding Climate Science