Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Settled Science At The EPA
- Learning To Think Like A Democrat
- Settled Religion
- Obama Did More Than He Promised
- The Anti-Science White House
- If Obama Was Serious
- More CO2 And Less War
- Eight Years Since Nancy Pelosi Undermined White House Foreign Policy
- NASA Data Tampering Has Destroyed The Global Temperature Record
- US Winters Getting Much Colder
- Global Warming Excuse #1
- Warning! Avert Your Eyes
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Track 2006
- Obama Believes That All Weather Is Caused By Climate Change
- Brain Damage And Democrats
- “May God Bless The United States of America”
- Make Sure Your Vote Counted
- The 97% Consensus
- Climate Alarmists Hate The Planet
- My NCDC Data Tampering Prediction For New York
- Coldest Start To The Year On Record In The Northeast US
- Bill McKibben Takes The Climate Stupid Award For The Evening
- If The Data Doesn’t Match The Theory, Change The Data
- What Makes This Blog Different
- Latest News From The Biggest Liar In The History Of The World
ren on Settled Science At The EP… Jimmy Haigh on Settled Science At The EP… omanuel on What Makes This Blog Diff… ren on Settled Science At The EP… Jones on Learning To Think Like A … Nobama on Settled Religion Neal S on Settled Religion hannuko on Settled Religion Climatism on Settled Religion John B., M.D. on Warning! Avert Your Eyes