Douglas Carswell’s Blog
I was wrong about the Climate Change Act
My biggest regret as an MP is that I failed to oppose the 2008 Climate Change Act. It was a mistake. I am sorry.
On the very day the Labour government passed this fatuous attempt to “stop global warming”, it was, if I remember rightly, snowing. Had I opposed the Bill, it wouldn’t have made much difference, but I feel I should have known better.
Unlike much of the gesture legislation that goes through Parliament, this law has turned out to have real consequences. The Climate Change Act has pushed up energy prices, squeezing households and making economic recovery ever more elusive.
The aim of the Climate Change Act was to create a low carbon economy. I fear the Act will do that, but perhaps not the way intended. The Climate Change Act is giving us a low carbon economy the way that pre-industrial Britain had a low carbon economy.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Fundraising At NSIDC
- Certainly Uncertain
- Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand Year Rainfalls
- The Thousand Year Rainfall Fallacy
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second Highest For The Date Since 2005
- EPA And CSIRO – Taking Sea Level Fraud To Spectacular New Heights
- Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Academia And Government
- Arctic Gained 20,000 Manhattans Of Ice In September
- More On NOAA Model Uncertainty
- Gavin Doesn’t Need Any Actual Data
- Obama Praises Gun Bans And Confiscation
- Union Army Was Complicit In Genocide
- At NOAA And NASA, Error Bars Mean Nothing
- The Evolution Of National Geographic’s Spectacular Climate Lies
- Spectacular White House Climate Fraud On The Great Lakes
- Minnesota’s Extreme Past
- Netherlands Massively Increasing Their Coal Capacity
- IPCC And New York Times – Lying About The Climate For At Least 15 Years
- Record Sea Ice Growth
- Forecast Moving Much Faster Than Joaquin
- Settled Science Update
- The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance
- Karma Strikes Back Against Climate Criminals
- 1967: 43 Years Of Global Cooling
- Moron In Chief Talks About Russia
rah on Obama Praises Gun Bans And… QV on More On NOAA Model Uncert… rah on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… rah on More On NOAA Model Uncert… Psalmon on Fundraising At NSIDC David A on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… David A on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… AndyG55 on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… rah on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H… rah on Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second H…