79% Of The US Below Normal Temperature in 2013

YearTDeptUS

YearTDeptUS.png (688Γ—531)

Thirty three percent of the US is more than two degrees below normal. Nine percent is more than four degrees below normal. Three percent is more than six degrees below normal.

About stevengoddard

Just having fun
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 79% Of The US Below Normal Temperature in 2013

  1. And the US Extremes Index says Jan-March is one of the “most unextreme” on record!

    http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/cei/graph/1c/ytd

  2. GuarionexSandoval says:

    Well, yeah. I guess they’re still stuck in the global warming orientation. If things have cooled, they haven’t warmed. And if they haven’t warmed higher than average for that time span, the temperature change isn’t extreme. “most unextreme” is a way of saying “way, WAY lower than what we expected or what is useful for our polemics.”

  3. David says:

    By summer all this will be adjusted to the hottest on record by the ministry of truth.

    • Marian says:

      Yeah. Or they will just ignore the 79% and claim the other 21% of temps were unprecedented. πŸ™‚

    • J Doug says:

      As Orwell put it:
      β€’ β€œDay by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary.” George Orwell

  4. And we’re also nearing the height of the Solar Max. I guess the glaciers will start moving this winter!

  5. Jimbo says:

    Tweet, tweet.

    seth borenstein ‏@borenbears

    What a difference a year makes: As of 4-22: 2013 US hot temps broken 9931, cold 11041; in 2012 US hot temps broken 27,755, cold: 2,354
    https://twitter.com/borenbears/status/327076845377970176

    It looks like the ‘climate’ is changing after all. πŸ˜‰

  6. RealOldOne2 says:

    Steve, As you repeatedly point out, the “adjustments” in the historical data end up corrupting it rather than correcting it. The current graphs, stories, of extremes, records, current deviations from averages, etc. all become moot because of the “adjustments”. That is a true travesty!

    Revising history leads to other “issues” like documented historical events like the Dust Bowl. You’ve done posts on it, but I don’t recall you using the ‘Climate at a Glance’ graphs found here:http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/

    Check out the “annual” temperature & precipitation for Oklahoma. You’d never know there was a Dust Bowl from that “adjusted” data. It would be interesting to see the same charts with raw, unadjusted data. Perhaps you’ve done it & I missed it when I searched.

    In 2084 … The Dust Bowl? Nah, never happened, just like the global cooling of the 1940-1970s never happened. All those pictures of the Dust Bowl? Nah, photoshopped.

  7. Dr. Killpatient says:

    It’s clearly worse than we thought.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s