Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,961 other subscribers
Superstition Destroying Cuba Beaches
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
Climate SILENCE should remain SILENT!
It is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt!
As nothing continues to happen in the real world, the fairy tales of non-existent climate change continue unabated.
Storms sometimes wash a lot of sand away. This has been happening since forever, and the sand does eventually come back.
In La Jolla, the sand washes away every winter.
What you fail to appreciate is that climate science has proven that 13.675% more sand is now washed away because AGW has made storms more powerful. Also, the sand that returns is weaker and more fragile and will wash away more easily in the future.
Rotten sand ?
97% of Cubans agree with that assessment.
Its not the area of sand, its the volume. The latest research shows that sand has been transported to the deep ocean, drinking tequila with the missing heat.
I went to the article and found this:
Some 900 coastal structures have been contributing to an average of about 4 feet (1.2 meters) of annual coastline erosion, according to geologist Adan Zuniga of Cuba’s Center for Coastal Ecosystems Research, a government body. Building solid structures on top of dunes makes them more vulnerable to the waves.
“These are violent processes of erosion,” Zuniga said about regional development. “In many places the beaches are receding 16 feet (5 meters) a year.”
Varadero symbolizes Cuba’s dilemma: Tearing down seaside restaurants, picturesque pools and air-conditioned hotels threatens millions of dollars in yearly tourism revenue, but allowing them to stay puts at risk the very beaches that were the draws in the first place.
Cuban officials have tried to get around that choice by replenishing lost sand in Varadero, with plans to do the same next year at the Cayo Coco resort. But beach replenishment is an expensive remedy that Cuba can little afford to carry out nationwide. Zuniga said it costs $3 to $8 per cubic meter, and a single beach might contain up to 1 million cubic meters of sand.
Man made destruction of the beaches!!!!!! Not climate related!
Maybe we should require scientists to read the Bible, as it addressed this very issue, thousands of years ago.
Here in NC, the sand that makes up our barrier islands moves around with every storm. Although individual islands and inlets shift, or even come or go entirely, the system is quite stable, overall. But we also have channels that are dredged by The Corps of Engineers to keep them navigable, and the Corps often dumps the dredged sand far offshore, outside the shoreline system. The loss of that sand causes erosion of nearby beaches — which Climate Movement activists wrongly blame on our nearly negligible rate of sea-level rise.