Can you figure out what this is? It was my first try.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,965 other subscribers
Modern version of the flaming arrow?
Crimping on end looks like shot gun shell. However never saw a yellow casing.
Yep. I set up a spent 16 gauge shell five yards away with the open end facing towards me. Dead center hit knocked the primer casing out.
I was going to guess 20 gauge. 😦
Crap, I was guessing a 3″ 10 guage.
I used to take BeeBee’s and tape them to the cap of a shotgun shell, after first taking out the shot, throw them in the air and wait for the pop when they hit the ground. We can’t buy fireworks year round in Texas so we made our own.
It’s a crossbow bolt fired through a shotgun cartridge.
Close. It is an arrow from a compound bow.
What was the distance? Nice shot. Should we start calling you William Tell?
Seven yards. Just measured it.
Good to see you are a sportsmen Steve, Practicing now for the season ahead.
What’s that on the floor. Time to clean your room..
I just knew it wasn’t an Anthony Weiner tweet.
I thought it was a picture of my hairy knee. 😉
After a bit of practice, you’ll be doing that at 25 yards all day. What is really painful is when you actually do a Robin Hood shot on one of your $15 arrows.
Bang Stick. It is Shark Week, isn’t it?
SG, leave Anthony’s Weiner out of this!
7 yards you say. Did you use your 40 yard pin?
Looks like a 20 ga. to me.
Actually it is a 20 gauge
Thought so, yellow is modern times standard for 20 ga.
Now about that site pin. 40 yard pin would be about right @ 7 yards w/ jaw anchor and use of release. Would depend on your anchor point and/or release.
Looks like a fat carbon bolt. Compound you say, just how much is the draw weight and length? The carbon shaft is about 5/16″ dia. Hey, I like this game! 😉
No, it is an arrow. GoldTip XTHunter 7595 0.300″
The bow is set to 80 lbs. It is an old Pearson Spoiler. Don’t know what the draw length is.
5/16″ = .3125″ I missed it by .0125″ – Computer screen proxy scaling margin of error?
Elk on the future menu?
If you bring down an elk with a GoldTip XTHunter 7595 it will be proof that carbon kills!