Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- How Congress Can End The Climate Scam
- Progressive Thoughts For Today
- Academics Appeal To The Pope To Stifle Debate
- Global Warming Conspiracy Theorists
- Climate Scientists’ War On Reality Continues Unabated
- Nero Got A Bad Rap
- Settled Science Means A 400% Discrepancy
- Should We Give Billions Of Dollars To A Space Agency That Denies Satellites?
- Understanding How To Think Like A Progressive
- NCDC Blocks Access To GHCN And USHCN Data
- President Obama Takes Climate CynicismTo A Spectacular New Level
- Taking Climate Nonsense To New Levels, Day After Day
- Maryland Creating A Safe Haven For Violent Criminals
- A Low Cost Solution To The Climate Crisis
- Learning To Think Like A Climate Scientist
- Global Warming To End The Looting In Baltimore
- Hot Days Are A Thing Of The Past In The Midwest
- Arctic Ice The Same As 10 Years Ago
- The Science Is Settled – Shut Up
- More Flagrant Lies From Climate Scientists
- Why Baltimore Matters
- Northeast US Having Its Coldest Year On Record
- Response Time Of Climate Scientists Identified
- More Proof That Mikey Mann Never Existed
- Predicting The Effect Of Volcanoes On Global Warming
rah on Progressive Thoughts For … sfx2020 on Global Warming Conspiracy… rah on Progressive Thoughts For … Steve Case on Academics Appeal To The Pope T… tabnumlock on Nero Got A Bad Rap cheshirered on Global Warming Conspiracy… David M on Progressive Thoughts For … Beale on Understanding How To Think Lik… David M on Progressive Thoughts For … Ben Vorlich on Global Warming Conspiracy…