Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- My St Francis Epiphany
- Today’s Climate Morons
- The Rhone Glacier Then And Now
- Glaciers Shrank Thousands Of Feet Before 1902
- There Are No Qualified Atmospheric Scientists In Texas
- US Climate Getting Less Extreme
- The Symptoms Of Global Warming And Global Cooling Are Identical
- Forest Fires Were Much More Common During The Little Ice Age
- Another Smoking Gun Of Incompetence By Climate Scientists
- Children’s Lives Don’t Matter
- Things We Need To Ban
- Summer Temperatures In Greenland Have Plummeted To Record Lows
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Highest In A Decade
- Huffington Post Vying For Stupidest Article Ever
- Screaming Therapy For The Arctic
- Climate Sensitivity Must Be Plummeting
- Spectacular Fraud From The Lancet Commission
- 1907 : It Is Up To Bloggers To Stop Climate Data Tampering
- No Schoolchild Has Seen Any Global Warming
- Shutting Down The Criminals At the EPA
- Climate Scientists Reaching Unprecedented Levels Of Stupid
- President Obama Hoping To Cut Off The Fossil Fuel Supply – Just In Time To Freeze Everyone To Death
- US Burn Acreage Plummeting, Lowest In A Decade
- Arctic Meltdown Scam In Complete Collapse
- Another Victim Of Climate Data Change
gator69 on My St Francis Epiphany gator69 on Today’s Climate Morons gator69 on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons ren on Today’s Climate Morons Dave N on Today’s Climate Morons Morgan Wright on Glaciers Shrank Thousands Of F…