Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- It Has Nothing To Do With Climate
- My Interview With Duane Lester
- Ten Years After The New Normal
- July 1916 – US Hit By Two Major Hurricanes Within Ten Days
- Everywhere – We See Signs Of Incompetent Scientists
- Sea Level Has Been Rising For 20,000 Years – Obama Thinks He Can Stop It
- Global Warming To Kill 4.5 Billion People By 2012
- Pentagon Says Global Warming Will Destroy The Planet By The Year 2020
- More Desperate Criminal Behavior From Climate Scientists
- Global Cooling Making Arctic Animals Migrate South
- Greenland Meltdown Update
- Arctic Melt Season Crashing And Burning
- The Biggest Fraud In History
- Huge Increase In Four Year Old Sea Ice Coming Up
- What Is The Real Value Of TOBS?
- Climate Fraudster James Hansen Wants “A Few More Years”
- Climate Moron Of The Day
- Today’s Featured Climate Criminal – James Hansen
- Saving The Planet
- Hot Days In The Midwest Occur Half As Often As They Did 100 Years Ago
- Arctic Sea Ice Recovery
- Another Day Of Heavy Snow In Southwest Greenland
- Arctic/Greenland Melt Season Is Coming To An Early End
- Mind-Blowing Temperature Fraud At NOAA