Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- More From My Undercover CO2 Investigations
- Not Sure I Would Use These Psychics
- No Increase In Heaviest Rain In Texas
- They Can’t Predict The Weather In One Month, But Know What It Will Be Like In A Century
- Cattle In 1957 Had Never Seen Rain
- Greenland Farming
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Track 2006
- Lubbock Is Not Getting Hotter, Cooler, Wetter, Drier, Rainier, Snowier Or More Extreme
- Katherine Hayhoe Says She Can Fix This
- Seriously Messing With Texas
- Trouble Looming For Arctic Alarmists
- A Peek Inside The Utterly Brainless World Of Climate Alarmists
- Katherine Hayhoe Caught Lying Again
- Being A Climate Alarmist Means Never Having To Admit You Were Wrong
- Candidates For Twits Of The Day
- President Obama Branches Out Into Hurricane Forecasting
- Drought To Flood Is Normal Weather In Texas
- Thomas Jefferson Explains Washington DC
- The Amount Of Sea Ice On Earth Isn’t Changing
- Global Sea Ice Area Approaches A Record
- US Having One Of The Coolest Years On Record
- My Shocking Undercover CO2 Investigation
- Visualizing How The White House Is Defrauding You About Precipitation
- No, The Polar Ice Caps Are Not Disappearing Katherine
- Imaginary Climate Change In Texas
rah on Lubbock Is Not Getting Hotter,… Louis Hooffstetter on They Can’t Predict The W… Mike D on Lubbock Is Not Getting Hotter,… John Smith on They Can’t Predict The W… rah on No Increase In Heaviest Rain I… rah on Being A Climate Alarmist Means… rah on Greenland Farming Caleb on Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Tr… rah on Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Tr… Caleb on Trouble Looming For Arctic…