Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Life Before The Hockey Stick
- Electronic Nirvana
- Return Of The Wooly Mammoths To Maryland
- NCDC Hits New Milestones Of Fake Data
- Latest On Arrhenius 1913 Forecast
- Before Obama Fundamentally Transformed America
- Hottest Winter Ever Update
- Be A Part Of The Team Holding Geo-centricism Deniers Feet To The Fire
- One Day Later
- Junk Science Award For The Evening
- Cold Winters In DC Used To Be Caused By Global Cooling
- Global Warming Over The Past 70 years
- The Colorado Recovery
- Summers Getting Shorter And Cooler In The Northeast
- How Much Does Obama Love America?
- Coldest Start To The Year On Record In The Northeast US
- I am Under “Investigation”
- There Is High Confidence That The IPCC Is Both Corrupt And Incompetent
- Huffington Post Predicts Six Feet Of Sea Level Rise In New York
- It Ain’t No Sin To Be Glad You’re Alive
- Bare Ground Is A Thing Of The Past
- More Evidence That TOBS Is Garbage
- Nature Magazine/ University Of Arizona Take Climate Fraud To Spectacular Heights
- Record Great Lakes Ice During NCDC’s Warmest US Winter Ever
- CU’s Mark Williams Back At His Skiing Fraud
GoneWithTheWind on The Colorado Recovery Gail Combs on Life Before The Hockey St… AndyG55 on Return Of The Wooly Mammoths T… gator69 on Life Before The Hockey St… Disillusioned on Return Of The Wooly Mammoths T… stevengoddard on Electronic Nirvana Gail Combs on Return Of The Wooly Mammoths T… AndyG55 on Life Before The Hockey St… daveandrews723 on Life Before The Hockey St… Gail Combs on The Colorado Recovery