Published: November 28, 1897
Copyright © The New York Times
THOUSANDS OF LIVES LOST.
SAN FRANCISCO, Cal., Nov. 27.—The typhoon which swept over the Philippine Islands on Oct. 6 was the cause of one of the worst disasters reported from the Southern Ocean In many years- Thousands of lives were lost, among those who perished being many Europeans, and the damage to property was something appalling.
The difficulty of getting news from the Islands is great at any time, and owing to the remoteness of some of the provinces visited by the hurricane full details of the 1st of November. The steamer Gaelic, from the Orient to-day, brought letters and papers which contain accounts of the ravages of the tidal wave and the winds. Several towns were swept or blown away. Fully 400 Europeans were drowned, and it is estimated that 6,000 natives perished.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- NOAA/NASA – Biggest Fraud In Science History
- 1990 IPCC Report – No Acceleration In Sea Level Rise
- Recycling The Identical Global Warming BS From 70 Years Ago
- More Massive Sea Level Fraud At NASA
- President Obama Piles On His Arctic Stupidity
- Bus Or Bike?
- Today’s Featured Climate Fraudster – Heidi Cullen
- Experts Doomed By Their Own Stupidity
- Long Heatwaves Are A Thing Of The Past In Nebraska
- Glaciers Have Been Disappearing For Hundreds Of Years
- Heatwaves Are A Thing Of The Past In Wisconsin
- Advancing Alaskan Glacier
- Obama’s Flagrant Lies About Fire
- Missouri Heatwaves Are Only Half As Long As They Were 100 Years Ago
- Settled Science At The New York Times
- Long Heatwaves Are A Thing Of The Past In Illinois
- Obama Caught Lying, Yet Again
- How NASA Tries To Hide Their Fraud
- Rapidly Cooling The Pacific
- Hottest Year Ever Update
- Symptoms Of Global Warming And Global Cooling Are Identical
- NASA US Temperature Fraud
- Arnie’s BS Terminated
- Obama Alaska Climate Fraud Deepens
- Smoking Gun That Government Climate Science Is Completely Corrupt