I was living in Houston in September 1988, when the actual most powerful hurricane was forecast to hit the Texas coast. I remember covering the windows at the college I was teaching at in preparation for the storm. Fortunately the storm missed Texas.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,965 other subscribers
I was working in Richmond at the time. Me and my weather savvy friends could not comprehend a pressure of 888 millibars.
A story at the time, perhaps urban legend, was that the hurricane chasers got their C-130 down
to only 10,000 feet in the eye, and not the customary 5,000, as they feared for their lives. The 888 was not directly measured, but rather calculated from readings at 10,000 feet.
I lived in Richmond in 1990, near the Brazos River when it flooded.
Sorry, I was in Richmond, Virginia.
Richmond, Texas is just southwest of Houston.
Katy, TX, is as close to Richmond, TX, as I got. Nice area. I went out there on business a few times in 1989-1991.