LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Final Joaquin Scorecard
- Glaciers Don’t Lie, But Government Scientists Do
- Latest World Class Fraud From The Climate Criminals
- The Chattering Climate Morons
- Fundraising At NSIDC
- Certainly Uncertain
- Lies, Damned Lies And Thousand Year Rainfalls
- The Thousand Year Rainfall Fallacy
- Arctic Sea Ice Extent Second Highest For The Date Since 2005
- EPA And CSIRO – Taking Sea Level Fraud To Spectacular New Heights
- Rampant Sea Level Fraud In Academia And Government
- Arctic Gained 20,000 Manhattans Of Ice In September
- More On NOAA Model Uncertainty
- Gavin Doesn’t Need Any Actual Data
- Obama Praises Gun Bans And Confiscation
- Union Army Was Complicit In Genocide
- At NOAA And NASA, Error Bars Mean Nothing
- The Evolution Of National Geographic’s Spectacular Climate Lies
- Spectacular White House Climate Fraud On The Great Lakes
- Minnesota’s Extreme Past
- Netherlands Massively Increasing Their Coal Capacity
- IPCC And New York Times – Lying About The Climate For At Least 15 Years
- Record Sea Ice Growth
- Forecast Moving Much Faster Than Joaquin
- Settled Science Update
Henry P on Latest World Class Fraud From… ren on Final Joaquin Scorecard ren on Final Joaquin Scorecard ren on Final Joaquin Scorecard ren on Final Joaquin Scorecard Henry P on Latest World Class Fraud From… Robertv on Final Joaquin Scorecard Gail Combs on Latest World Class Fraud From… Henry P on Latest World Class Fraud From… Gail Combs on Glaciers Don’t Lie, But…