LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Being CNN
- Arctic To Be Ice-Free By The Year 2000
- 2008 : “The Clintons corrupted the soul of the Democratic Party.”
- Gun Control Works!
- Believe And Repent
- Extreme UHI Fraud At NOAA
- Advances In Technology Give Scientists The Proof They Are Looking For
- The Incredible Heatwave Of January 1896 In Australia
- Cherry Picking The New Normal
- Release 1.3
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Australian Stations Now Available
- Here Is What’s Next
- Pulling Back The Curtain V1.1
- The September 1897 Heatwave In Ohio
- Pulling Back The Curtain On Super Climate Sunday
- Super Climate Sunday
- The Mind Blowing Heat Of 1936
- The Wrong Stuff
- Confirmation Bias In Climate Science
- Hot Weather In Missouri Is A Thing Of The Past
- John Christy Crushes Climate Fraudster Michael Mann
- Two Years Since The New York Times Announced The End Of Glaciers
- Two Years Since The New York Times Announced The End Of Snow
- One Of The Clearest Injustices Of A Dimwitted Corrupt Left Wing Press Corps
ren on Arctic To Be Ice-Free By The Y… 4TimesAYear on Obama The Coal Cheerleade… au1corsair on Gun Control Works! Marsh on Believe And Repent stevengoddard on 2008 : “The Clintons corrupted… stevengoddard on 2008 : “The Clintons corrupted… amirlach on 2008 : “The Clintons corrupted… Beale on Advances In Technology Give Sc… Marsh on Arctic To Be Ice-Free By The Y… nutso fasst on Release 1.3