LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Today’s Sea Level Fraud From NASA
- Today’s Fraud Focus – Sea Level
- My Arctic Forecast
- Breathtaking Climate Fraud At The NCAR Museum
- Massive Climate Fraud In California
- Climate Scientists Simply Can’t Stop Lying
- Another Smoking Gun Of Fraud At NOAA
- Experts Have Been Imagining Climate Change Since At Least 1871
- Hiding The Decline In Oklahoma
- Nights Getting Much Warmer In Parker, Az
- Glaciers Were Disappearing During NASA’s Coldest Years Ever
- Eight Years Since James Hansen Predicted 25 Metres Of Sea Level Rise
- The Jakobshavn Climate Scam
- Another Very Cool Summer In The US
- 58% Increase In Arctic Multi-Year Ice Over The Last Three Years
- July Was The 51st Hottest Since 1895 In The US
- More On The NOAA July Fraud
- One Climate Prediction That Came True
- 38% Growth In Arctic Sea Ice Since September 2012
- Scientists Say The Arctic Has Been Ice-Free Since 2008
- NSIDC’s Hopes Shattered
- Heatwave Of July 1936 At Hancock, Wisconsin
- August 17, 1969
- Government Of The People, By The People, And For The People
- In Climate Science, Government Fraud Is Essential To Enable Academic Fraud