LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Arctic/Greenland Melt Season Is Coming To An Early End
- Mind-Blowing Temperature Fraud At NOAA
- Cold In England. Cold Coming To The East Coast
- Vikings Farmed Here
- Southwest Permanent Drought Update
- Greenland Melt Season Just About Done
- The Ship Of Fools
- Biggest Fraud In Science History – The NASA/NOAA Surface Temperature Record
- Hudson Bay Sea Ice Third Highest On Record
- Max Stupid In Fort Collins
- My Arctic Forecast
- The Northwest Passage Cruise Disaster
- Climate Fraud Ahead Of Paris
- Today’s Featured Climate Fraud – Walruses
- Eastern Arctic Sea Ice Coverage Is The Highest This Millenium
- Katherine Hayhoe Permanent Drought Update
- Arctic Global Warming Expedition Derailed By Too Much Ice
- Another Very Wet Year In Fort Collins
- A Closer Look At The Beaufort Sea
- Fraudster James Hansen Recycling His 30 Year Old Lies
- Today’s Featured Climate Fraud – The Petermann Glacier
- These Morons Just Can’t Give It A Rest
- Shameless Scamsters
- Today’s Arctic Criminal Alert
- Moron Alert At The Vatican
Chewer on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… Andy on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… Andy on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… AndyG55 on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… omanuel on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… AndyG55 on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… gator69 on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… AndyG55 on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… gator69 on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I… AndyG55 on Arctic/Greenland Melt Season I…