LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Night Of The Living Dead Climate Treaty
- Biggest Fraud In History – Perpetrated By Tom Karl And Gavin Schmidt
- Boundless Evidence That Climate Science Is A Criminal Profession
- Pavlov’s Democrats
- 97% Of Data Says NOAA/NASA Are Lying About Record Heat
- The Age Of Enlightenment
- Government Scientists Continue To Ramp Up Their Criminal Activity Ahead Of Paris
- Science 1941 : Global Warming Caused Hitler
- NOAA Data Tampering – Much Worse Than It Seems
- Science Vs. Junk Science In 1932
- Incompetence Or Fraud At USGS?
- Why NASA And NOAA Made Greenland Disappear
- More Mind-Blowing Fraud By Yale University And Cheryl Katz
- Risking It All For Science
- In 1936, Forest Fires Were Seen As The Greatest Threat To California
- Vetting Obama
- BBC Compares “Islamist Scumbags” With Nazis
- More Spectacular Fraud From The White House
- More Mind-Blowing Fraud From The Obama Administration
- The Wit And Wisdom Of Al Gore
- Instant NOAA Forecast Fail
- Instant Retribution For The Terrorist Apologist In Chief
- Another Milestone Of Failure By Climate Experts
- Our Worst Fears About Sea Level Rise Confirmed
- Massive Advance In Climate Science