LOS ANGELES — In a famously left-leaning Hollywood, where Democratic fund-raisers fill the social calendar, Friends of Abe stands out as a conservative group that bucks the prevailing political winds.
A collection of perhaps 1,500 right-leaning players in the entertainment industry, Friends of Abe keeps a low profile and fiercely protects its membership list, to avoid what it presumes would result in a sort of 21st-century blacklist, albeit on the other side of the partisan spectrum.
Now the Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the group’s activities in connection with its application for tax-exempt status. Last week, federal tax authorities presented the group with a 10-point request for detailed information about its meetings with politicians like Paul D. Ryan, Thaddeus McCotter and Herman Cain, among other matters, according to people briefed on the inquiry.
Those people said that the application had been under review for roughly two years, and had at one point included a demand — which was not met — for enhanced access to the group’s security-protected website, which would have revealed member names. Tax experts said that an organization’s membership list is information that would not typically be required. The I.R.S. already had access to the site’s basic levels, a request it considers routine for applications for 501(c)(3) nonprofit status.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,961 other subscribers
Are you now, or have you ever been…
Of course McCarthy was proven correct after the Soviet Union fell apart and KGB records were unsealed.
I don’t believe that he was. He made some ridiculous accusations.
Interesting role reversal going on here.
Right winger Tailgunner Joe was after the authoritarian Left wing, now we have Obama’s authoritarian Left wing thought police carrying out their witch hunt against the Libertarian Right.
The indictment of Dinesh D’Souza.
If this gets any coverage outside of Fox news, he should drastically reduce DVD price and possibly awaken many. Would be a major backfire.
The IRS has to be abolished and the tax code abolished and replaced with a tax that can not be audited so that all of the criminals working for the evilest criminal agency in the history of the world can be fired. The IRS is the greatest threat to our freedom that has every existed. Without the IRS taxpayers won’t have to hide their assets anymore. The most private financial transactions won’t have to be revealed. There will not be anymore bullying of foreign countries to divulge American investors ID’s. IRA’s and other retirement accounts won’t be scrutinized by the b_______s anymore. Wage withholding will go away. Prices will plummet like a rock in a vacuum.
Only good can come of the destruction of the most intrusive criminal agency in the history of the world. A B O L I S H T H E I R S — now, today, instantly, immediately, right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!