In the 16th century, the Pope declared scientific truth.
Now Barack Obama does it.
March 9, 2009
Obama: science should trump politics
The goal, the president said: “To ensure that in this new administration, we base our public policies on the soundest science; that we appoint scientific advisers based on their credentials and experience, not their politics or ideology; and that we are open and honest with the American people about the science behind our decisions.”
Obama: science should trump politics – Political Intelligence – A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe – Boston.com
Open and honest for Barack Obama means “STFU we aren’t having any debate. I have campaign donors who expect to be paid back with green energy slush money”
The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
- Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
- SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
- Solyndra ($535 million)*
- Beacon Power ($43 million)*
- Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
- SunPower ($1.2 billion)
- First Solar ($1.46 billion)
- Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
- EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
- Amonix ($5.9 million)
- Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
- Abound Solar ($400 million)*
- A123 Systems ($279 million)*
- Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
- Johnson Controls ($299 million)
- Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
- ECOtality ($126.2 million)
- Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
- Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
- Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
- Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
- Range Fuels ($80 million)*
- Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
- Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
- Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
- GreenVolts ($500,000)
- Vestas ($50 million)
- LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
- Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
- Navistar ($39 million)
- Satcon ($3 million)*
- Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
- Mascoma Corp. ($100 million
There was “lovely filth” in The Dark Ages!
We seem to be getting much the same from potus.
“Based on their credentials and experience, not whether they are actually speaking the truth”
Fixed it for ya, BO
I really am beginning to despise our federal government… why in the hell do they feel the need to give our money away to these companies? The government has no money of its own, but rather money taken from the taxpayers… if they have enough to “give away” to these bloody energy companies, then clearly they have taken too much from we taxpayers, thus they should give it back to us (as in return it to the people from whom it was taken… not “give” it to those who didn’t contribute… I’m no Welfare Champion).
I suppose I should say… I am generous, but I give to charities and to my church, not to those who simply don’t want to work. I’m not greedy… just conservative.
I’ve asked you before to stop your bigoted comments about the Catholic Church hinting that it is and has always been anti-science. You are doing great work but references to the Pope and Galileo are highlighting your ignorance about what was at stake in the “Galileo Affair”. You do yourself a disservice by using an analogy that displays your own ignorance. Read up on what you don’t know at this site and stop alienating myself and others (http://thonyc.wordpress.com/).
As this lame administration says –
As like our futile green-energy policy we will keep bankrolling our futile green-energy companies.