IDEAS & TRENDS (CONTINUED); A DIRE LONG-RANGE FORECAST By JAMES GLEICK Published: May 12, 1985
Beginning in a decade or two, scientists expect the warming of the atmosphere to melt the polar icecaps, raising the level of the seas, flooding coastal areas, eroding the shores and sending salt water far into fresh-water estuaries. Storm patterns will change, drying out some areas, swamping others and generally throwing agriculture into turmoil. Federal climate experts have suggested that within a century the greenhouse effect could turn New York City into something with the climate of Daytona Beach, Fla.
IDEAS & TRENDS (CONTINUED) – A DIRE LONG-RANGE FORECAST – NYTimes.com
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,961 other subscribers
Reblogged this on CACA and commented:
Did they predict, by 2010, Florida would turn into New York? http://markwallheiser.photoshelter.com/image/I0000XzNY.usjXhE
Ha ha ha ha I think they meant Florida would turn into New York
2010! What about 2014?
RE: “and generally throwing agriculture into turmoil.”
“If we keep having record yields and record seed quality, we are all doomed!”
Gleik watched too many B science fiction movies as a child. So did I, but I never actually believed those plots were blue prints for govt. policy.
The key word there is “government.” Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem.
As your arthritic grandfather would say, “That would be dire?!”
Reblogged this on The Firewall.
Stop it Steve. Giving this dick any recognition is just wrong.
Related to Peter? The “absolutely clueless” gene runs in the family.
Florida, South Pole, what difference does it make?