The play of tolerance opposes the principle of monstrous certainty that is endemic to fascism and, sadly, not just fascism but all the various faces of fundamentalism. When we think we have certainty, when we aspire to the knowledge of the gods, then Auschwitz can happen and can repeat itself. Arguably, it has repeated itself in the genocidal certainties of past decades.
The pursuit of scientific knowledge is as personal an act as lifting a paintbrush or writing a poem, and they are both profoundly human. If the human condition is defined by limitedness, then this is a glorious fact because it is a moral limitedness rooted in a faith in the power of the imagination, our sense of responsibility and our acceptance of our fallibility. We always have to acknowledge that we might be mistaken. When we forget that, then we forget ourselves and the worst can happen.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Biggest Fraud In History – Perpetrated By Tom Karl And Gavin Schmidt
- Boundless Evidence That Climate Science Is A Criminal Profession
- Pavlov’s Democrats
- 97% Of Data Says NOAA/NASA Are Lying About Record Heat
- The Age Of Enlightenment
- Government Scientists Continue To Ramp Up Their Criminal Activity Ahead Of Paris
- Science 1941 : Global Warming Caused Hitler
- NOAA Data Tampering – Much Worse Than It Seems
- Science Vs. Junk Science In 1932
- Incompetence Or Fraud At USGS?
- Why NASA And NOAA Made Greenland Disappear
- More Mind-Blowing Fraud By Yale University And Cheryl Katz
- Risking It All For Science
- In 1936, Forest Fires Were Seen As The Greatest Threat To California
- Vetting Obama
- BBC Compares “Islamist Scumbags” With Nazis
- More Spectacular Fraud From The White House
- More Mind-Blowing Fraud From The Obama Administration
- The Wit And Wisdom Of Al Gore
- Instant NOAA Forecast Fail
- Instant Retribution For The Terrorist Apologist In Chief
- Another Milestone Of Failure By Climate Experts
- Our Worst Fears About Sea Level Rise Confirmed
- Massive Advance In Climate Science
- Record Crushing Fraud From NOAA And NASA Ahead Of Paris