The play of tolerance opposes the principle of monstrous certainty that is endemic to fascism and, sadly, not just fascism but all the various faces of fundamentalism. When we think we have certainty, when we aspire to the knowledge of the gods, then Auschwitz can happen and can repeat itself. Arguably, it has repeated itself in the genocidal certainties of past decades.
The pursuit of scientific knowledge is as personal an act as lifting a paintbrush or writing a poem, and they are both profoundly human. If the human condition is defined by limitedness, then this is a glorious fact because it is a moral limitedness rooted in a faith in the power of the imagination, our sense of responsibility and our acceptance of our fallibility. We always have to acknowledge that we might be mistaken. When we forget that, then we forget ourselves and the worst can happen.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- What Is The Fastest Way For An Official To Make A Fool Out Of Himself?
- Memorial Day 1935 – Texas Set The World Rainfall Record
- Memorial Day – Just One More Day For Obama To Talk About Himself
- “Texas Hot And Dry For The Rest Of The Century”
- Four Years Into The Joe Romm Permanent Drought
- Climate Alarmists – The Ultimate Snake Oil Salesmen
- National Security
- Memorial Day Temperatures In Fort Collins Plummeting
- Comparing 1975 National Academy Of Sciences To 2015 GISS
- Desperate Lies From From Desperate Religious Fanatics
- Democrats Demonstrate Their Depravity On Memorial Day
- Eleven More Climate Change Victims
- One Month Since Katherine Hayhoe Discussed The Desertification Of Texas
- Halliburton Did This
- Facing The Colorado Permanent Drought
- Dreaming Of An Electric Car
- NASA – Hiding The Decline
- What Level Of CO2 Would Stop Glaciers From Melting?
- This Morning’s Asthma Free Walk In 400 PPM CO2
- US Drought Monitor Thinks Nebraska Is Having A Drought
- President Believes That People’s Thoughts Control Sea Level
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Track 2005/2006
- Greenland Melt Getting Off To The Slowest Start On Record
- Our Last Walk In Maryland
- No Change In Rainfall Intensity In Lubbock
rah on Memorial Day – Just One… Matt on “Texas Hot And Dry For T… Robertv on Memorial Day – Just One… smamarver on Climate Alarmists – The… Robertv on National Security inMAGICn on Climate Alarmists – The… Ted on Climate Alarmists – The… inMAGICn on Four Years Into The Joe Romm P… inMAGICn on “Texas Hot And Dry For T… Don on Four Years Into The Joe Romm P…