In June of 1957, Louisiana was hit by a major hurricane which killed more than 500 people. It was the only major hurricane to ever hit the US before July.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Toto Has Moved!
- Cooling Nuuk
- Escape The Heat At Your Local Movie Theater
- Charles Butler Interview – May 2, 2016
- Massive Greenland Fraud Is Rapidly Growing
- More Detail On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- 1995 IPCC Report Showed No Troposphere Warming From 1958 To 1995
- More On The NSIDC Disappearing Ice
- Climate Hustle Today
- On The Air Monday
- NOAA Quadrupling Radiosonde Temperatures By Data Tampering
- Skiing Is A Thing Of The Past
- Alarmist Brains Depleted Of Oxygen
- Climate Scam Being Driven By Politicians/Actors/Journalists
- 1905 : Valdez, Alaska Relocated Due To Glacial Melting
- Today’s Climate Fraud Winners – Science News
- Most Influential Climate Denier On Twitter
- SCIENCE : 230 Years Of Blaming White Men For Climate Change
- Battling Climate Misinformation In Santa Fe
- 1906 : Belief In Climate Change Is Due To Defective Memories
- Oswald’s Rifle?
- The Arctic Is Ice Free – How Can Sea Ice Be Declining?
- Climate Hustle Next Monday – One Night Only
- The Surface Temperature Record Is A Farce
- NASA – Doubling Sea Level Rise By Data Tampering
Join 1,961 other subscribers
OT But is this very very big or just a repeat of something that happened in ~2008?
The article seems to be little more than a cover up for total incompetence on the part of the National Hurricane Center.
Audrey was by no means an average hurricane as stated in the article. It was CAT 4, by far the most intense landfalling June hurricane on record. Being a June storm, the hurricane center did not monitor Audrey carefully enough and it intensified dramatically just before landfall. Instead of 105 mph winds, the winds from Audrey were at least 135 mph.
The problem with the current hiatus in strong hurricanes is that nature will bring us back to “even” by dealing us some cat 4 and cat 5 hurricanes in the upcoming years. When this happens, the alarmists will start yelling again, telling us that this is proof of CAGW.
Where does the video at the top of the post come from, as 1957 was before weather satellites were in orbit?
It is radar, not satellite.
A couple of interesting stories about Audrey.
My mother went through the area relatively soon after the storm. She said that the stench of dead cows was terrible. She said that you could see dead cows everywhere with their legs sticking out like a dead dog by the side of the road.
A short time ago, people working on a road crew in Cameron or Calcasieu Parish were digging out a ditch on the side of the road and came across a huge amounts of bones. Construction was immediately halted because they thought it was an old graveyard and therefore a “Historical Preservation” issue.
After bringing in a huge crew of scientists, historians, archaeologists, etc. they figured out that it was a mass grave full of cow bones, more than likely from Hurricane Audrey.