Last night I was riding my bicycle home from work about 10PM, and heard a loud clacking sound on the edge of the forest in Germantown, MD. It was two Whitetail bucks sparring. I see all kinds of amazing stuff on my bicycle – every day.
I’m headed back to Colorado today. Total ground transportation expenses for two weeks :
- $24 round trip bus fare to DIA
- $10 round trip bus fare to BWI ($34 total)
- $40 train fares ($74 total)
- $12 brake pads for my bicycle ($86 total)
- $7 Metro fare ($93 total)
- $40 taxi fares ($133 total)
- $140 for one day of car rental to Virginia – more than my one way plane fare from Denver to Baltimore, and more than my other total ground transportation expenses. Plus I was stuck in traffic hell on I-95 and I-395 for hours.
Next trip my expenses will be lower, because I found a good cycling route to work half way through the trip, and don’t need to take the train most days any more.