- Antarctic sea ice now covers 19,454,000 km². This is the most sea ice ever measured at either pole, and is about the size of the US and Europe combined, or 335,000 Manhattans.
- The ice extends more than 1,000 miles off the coast of Antarctica. Emperor Penguins have to walk across the ice to get to the sea.
- Most of the ice is located between 60 and 70S, which means that it reflects huge amounts of sunshine back into space, dramatically cooling the Earth.
- The sun is currently about 30 degrees above the horizon at the ice edge.
- The National Snow And Ice Data Center in Colorado has still failed to mention this on their web site. They continue to discuss the record Arctic minimum, and until recently were featuring an article about penguins being threatened by declining Antarctic sea ice, even though Antarctic sea ice has been steadily increasing throughout the satellite record.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Shouldn’t They Be Holding Their Climate Protest In The Arctic?
- Texas Hurricanes Down 50% Since The 1880’s
- Stop The Darkening!
- Keep Extrapolating Until You Get The Answer Politicians Are Looking For
- Poet/Playwright Says The Great Lake States Are Getting Really Hot
- Bill McKibben Hopes To Remove The Last Remnants Of Science From Climate Science
- Good Karma
- Super Hot Antarctica Blows Away All Sea Ice Records
- The Darkening Of Science
- Rule #1
- August Was Coldest In Five Years, Second Coldest In Ten Years
- US Government Agencies Just Can’t Stop Lying
- Hottest August Ever Update
- Following Up With The World’s Greatest Scientist
- Michigan September Nighttime Temperatures Plummeting Since The 1890s
- Out Of Africa
- Cryosphere Makes Climate Scientists Cry
- 2004 : NASA Predicted A New Ice Age “Within Decades”
- The New Normal In Climate Junk Science
- Michael Loftus Explains Global Warming
- From The Global Cooling Days
- Global Warming Survivor!
- In 1975, Scientists Blamed Jet Stream Dips On Global Cooling
- Prove Me Wrong!
- Learning To Think Like A Progressive Scientist
darrylb on Shouldn’t They Be Holdin… stpaulchuck on Poet/Playwright Says The Great… stpaulchuck on Poet/Playwright Says The Great… darrylb on The Darkening Of Science omanuel on Good Karma Anything is possible on Keep Extrapolating Until You G… lorne50 on 2004 : NASA Predicted A New Ic… stevengoddard on The Darkening Of Science Colorado Wellington on Keep Extrapolating Until You G… iurockhead on Bill McKibben Hopes To Remove…