- Antarctic sea ice now covers 19,454,000 km². This is the most sea ice ever measured at either pole, and is about the size of the US and Europe combined, or 335,000 Manhattans.
- The ice extends more than 1,000 miles off the coast of Antarctica. Emperor Penguins have to walk across the ice to get to the sea.
- Most of the ice is located between 60 and 70S, which means that it reflects huge amounts of sunshine back into space, dramatically cooling the Earth.
- The sun is currently about 30 degrees above the horizon at the ice edge.
- The National Snow And Ice Data Center in Colorado has still failed to mention this on their web site. They continue to discuss the record Arctic minimum, and until recently were featuring an article about penguins being threatened by declining Antarctic sea ice, even though Antarctic sea ice has been steadily increasing throughout the satellite record.
Disrupting the Borg is expensive and time consuming!
- Understanding Google
- Why Arctic Ice Extent Is Up Over 60% In The Last Two Years
- The Reduction Of Climate Science
- Understanding The Timeline
- Navajo Message To The Moon
- Turn Off The Idiot Box
- Understanding Mann-Made Climate Change
- Understanding California
- Fewest US Forest Fires In Three Decades
- Thanks, Arnie
- When Did Environmentalists Quit Caring About The Environment?
- Build It, And They Will Come
- President Announces His Unilateral Plan To Save An Unwilling Citizenry From Climate Change
- Nothing To See Here – Move Along
- Today’s Humor
- Progressives – The New Reactionaries
- Checking Up On The Geniuses At The Met Office
- 64% Growth In Arctic Sea Ice Since 2012
- Someone Remind Me Why We Have An IPCC
- President Decides To Scrap The Constitution To Save US From 0.0004 Mole Fraction Of A Harmless Trace Gas
- Climate Change Dementia Is Not A New Problem
- The Ten Best Places To Live In America
- Arctic Sea Ice Continues To Track 2006
- Visualizing The Spectacular Stupidity Of The New York Times
- Frequency Of 100 Degree Days In The US Down 50% Over The Past 90 Years
smrstrauss on Exposing The Original Bir… Latitude on When Did Environmentalists Qui… philjourdan on Exposing The Original Bir… Jim Hunt on Why Arctic Ice Extent Is Up Ov… philjourdan on Fewest US Forest Fires In Thre… slcraignbc on Exposing The Original Bir… slcraignbc on Exposing The Original Bir… stewart pid on Why Arctic Ice Extent Is Up Ov… philjourdan on Fewest US Forest Fires In Thre… philjourdan on Thanks, Arnie